woman in the window

KaleyEs

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Let me know what you guys think! Any responses are appreciated!

momwindow.jpg

Hmmm. Weeeeeellll.
If she were in focus ... and not the window and flowers behind her :scratch: ... and if there wasn't such a strongly competing bright part (larger than the "subject-part") in your photo ... :scratch:

Actually, I see two pictures here, the woman (unfortunately not in focus, but in nice light) at the bottom, and the opposite window in th sunshine (second photo).

I like the shutters and the reflections in the window and the blue and cream colours, but I am not sure the woman adds much to the picture.

:scratch:I'm not quite sure what I'm supposed to be focusing on? the window or the woman? I don't really agree with having the top half of the photo so bright and bottom so dark... Not overly impressed

I quite like it. Although as some have said it's a bit confusing as to what the main focal point is, I like the shot. The woman seems lost in her own little world, smoking her cigarette and seemingly oblivious to the outside world, which is sitting there right outside the window. I see a nice contrast to the shady light inside and the obviously sunny day outside, the flowers and the bright colours of the building just emphasis that contrast.
I don't have any issues with the so called "out of focus", she looks just right in the picture to me, I believe "soft focus" would be a better term and in some photos that adds a lot to the way I view an image.

Thanks for all your replies!

Most reactions

Back