Wonka candy Nerds!

LittleMan said:
oh, I just noticed something photong....
Around the curved edges it's not cut out very well...

Also, I was thinking it would be cool if the background(between the two colors) was a curved line instead of a strait line.... A very slight wave to it....maybe...

I don't really know... maybe there is too much background.... I'm just talking though... haha :albino: <<<<<me... :confused:

*cough* Well I did say "It needs to be smoothed out a little bit." Which I think is already fixed (to my best of skills because theyre not the greatest). But only a print will actually let me know.

I like the curved line idea. I will try it. First I'm working on two other things for it and I'll post whenever I'm finished with it.

As for too much BG, I know. There's so much space in the whole thing. Ive been working on this too. You'll have to wait and see what I'm trying ;)

Jess said:
Lol, that's funny, I was thinking that the reflection was distracting and you may want to find a way to negate it. Without the reflection it would look very professional and just like something I'd expect to see on TV or in a magazine.

I love the reflection, but I understand and agree with you that it would be mroe professional. But it's not like I really know. My problem is I don't know what I should do. Make images to looks professional or just for my own personal preference to what I like to see. I think I should go for the first one because well, still life is what I love (ads, commercial etc). But I have NO IDEA who what where and how is best :/

Trombone said:
Hello Photong,

definitly not the 2nd one, the 1st one is very nice though, only two things came to mind regarding this shot:

1- get a cleaner box, if this is to be printed on a bigger size those small "things" near the screws will show up more annoyingly.
2- the outer-color of the lit is way more saturated than the background, giving it a feel of copy-past, maybe this could be worked out too.

i'm not an expert in this kind of work, so don't hesitate to disregard my whole post if needed.

Cheers,
Trombone

1-I didn't see the dust as I shot because I was so miserable that the whole thing felt like a flop. I didn't even touch the images for days because I was po'ed. I do like the dust (which is from a different candy). I did however touch it up already :)

2- I agree. But there's nothing I can do :( That's the actual colour. I don't think I saturated the image. At least I hope I didn't :(

As for the other posts: I'm going to try everyones suggestions. Thank you for all of the opinions, suggestions, comments, help, etc. You guys rock socks full of nerds or something :)

One thing no one has seemed to mention is the symmtry of the two words wonka and nerds. If you place them at the same tilt, size and relevant location (the wonka is tighter against the edges and the nerds is closer to the box) they will work better togother. Also I would make them larger there compiting for attention with the background there lost in. Just rember not to make them so large they steal the attention from the nerds.

I like the logo if you can find a good clean one. As far as that goes I would move the nerds and words closer togother and move all of it to a corner and place your logo in the space they created. Also make the logo smaller it is taking the attention from the product.

I also agree with trombone on the color of the container.

I finished this lastnight and I'm pretty satisfied with this. It's not 100% done of course. I have to fix the middle line at the bottom and smooth it out a little more (like I said before, a print will tell me how much more so I have to wait to get one.) I may rotate Wonka a little to be mroe even with Nerds (above suggestion). Other than that I don't see much more to play with.

I tried to textureize the background but there wasn't anything in photoshop that would look good. iI tried one and it was icky. Plus it was distracting.

I also put the Wonka logo guy on the inside box lid. I liked it but it's a stronger image without him. He just didn't look good anywhere :( I liked him :( Plus I couldn't find any contact info for anyone to ask to use it anyway. So I think it's all for the best.

Thank you for all comments! :) I'll be working on food photography next if I can't put together anymore Wonka candy 'ads' :)

nerds1c.jpg

You're giving me ideas! :p

I like the last one best. Nice balance.

Canon Fan said:
"Candy is dandy but liqour is quicker" :lol: :lol: :lol:

The way I heard that was
"candy is dandy, liquor is quicker, but sex wont rot your teeth" :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back