Wood Gasification Tractor (Pic Heavy)

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My new friend who looks like Kurtwood Smith... I never said a thing because he has heard a million times before. But I gave him a nickname, "Wood", he likes it. Heck, he has a wood burning carburetor for Pete's sake, PERFECT. He really is a brilliant mechanical minded man. His tractor is running off burning wood.

Wood Gas (1).jpg

Wood Gas (2).jpg

3. He draws a crowd
Wood Gas (3).jpg

Wood Gas (4).jpg

Wood Gas (5).jpg

Wood Gas (6).jpg

Wood gasifiers were very common in England in WWII; the system works, but it's not very efficient. Basically, what you do is take a bunch of wood chips and heat them; not burn them, but heat them, 'double-boiler' style. When they're hot enough, they emit a combustible gas which is then piped to the carburettor and the engine runs as it would on LNG or LPG.

Wood gasifiers were very common in England in WWII; the system works, but it's not very efficient. Basically, what you do is take a bunch of wood chips and heat them; not burn them, but heat them, 'double-boiler' style. When they're hot enough, they emit a combustible gas which is then piped to the carburettor and the engine runs as it would on LNG or LPG.
Word

Most reactions

Back