Wood

Oh awesome. At first when I looked at it, it didn't really appeal to me. But then I looked at it more and I saw a very nice contrast between order and chaos. That's so great. Usually pics of woods are either one or the other. Either the dead straight plantation lines, or the tangled web of wildness. You found both! :thumbup:

wonderful capture! like how you've captured the passageway of trees leading out of the woods, unusual to see trees so neatly in a line like that :thumbup:

I have looked at this several times. I like the shot. I love the passage way, just not too sure about where it is in the photo. I still like the shot.

i love it because at first i just thought it was a picture of the woods then i saw the path and was like "woah"

great shot!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Excellent! Personally I am a sucker for the "path thru the woods" shot. Immediately I become pensive and end up (especially in this case) staring into the photo for what seems to be hours.

Back on earth; I am psyched to see so much green. Here in the high country we are just starting to go from puke brown to green.

Hertz This is an extraordinay shot, I find it very interesting, complicated, yet simple. I think it suggests you are a man of many thoughts, and yet you wish things were more simple. very cool, love the shot!! Please post more sir!

Canoncan said:
I love the passage way, just not too sure about where it is in the photo.
I was playing around a bit with the mythical 'Rules of Composition'. The intention was to give you one expectation - chaos - and then hit you with the sudden order. I find it still comes as a bit of a jolt when my eye gets to that point as it moves left to right. Having the light spot going out of frame like that also gives me a sense of movement. Don't know about you.
I was trying to give people the feeling that I got as I walked through the wood last weekend. I was constantly being assaulted by jumble-order-jumble-order as I walked across the plantation lines. It was like being in a giant kaleidoscope. The two foreground right trees also seem to fracture the picture and I get a feeling of unreality - like it had been constructed in PS.
Then there is the idea of the sea of green washing up over the beach of dead leaves. Spring tide.

As I can't hotlink to individual images on this site I might post some of my other landscapes on the same gallery and maybe just add to it. I shall have to see which images work best together.

Thanks for being back, Hertz. AND back with a photo, on top of all. THIS photo.
Yes, I can tell that quite some thinking and planning went into it (as you are explaining), which is so different from my photography - and critiquing, for that matter! - where it's mostly just emotions that drive me.

That - and I spend too little time in the woods.
Even though we are surrounded by them.
Erm... :roll:

With fotopic you have to log into your account, go to the edit picture page (whatever it's called, the bit where you can change their names and delete them) and click the image. I think a little box pops up then and you'll see the url to the image on there somewhere. I'm working from memory here. It's a pain in the arse and one of the reasons I stopped using fotopic. That coupled with the horrible compression they put on the images of a free accounts and I found that the server I was on only allowed you to see half of my images.

Cool image. I won't be able to see it properly until tonight.

Without reading your explanation, chaos and order was the first thing that came to mind, so you conveyed that very well through your picture. I guess chaos depends on ones perspective and on where they are situated at the moment, seems to me you also captured a life lesson. Really enjoyed studing the picture, very well done.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back