What's new

Woodpile

carolinajack

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 24, 2011
Messages
56
Reaction score
2
Location
Waynesville, NC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$DSC_0113.webp

This is a photo I took that, for some reason, is one of my favorites. Critique is more than welcome!
 
I feel the story is told on a too small and tight a screen; not bad though :D
 
For me, I want the axe to be the focal point but it doesn't stand out. So maybe you could work on concentrating on what, exactly, you want to get across in a photo and make sure it stands out. Keep it up!
 
For me, I want the axe to be the focal point but it doesn't stand out. So maybe you could work on concentrating on what, exactly, you want to get across in a photo and make sure it stands out. Keep it up!

In your opinion, what would be the best way to do that? Would I change the angle of the photo so I was shooting more in line with the axe and woodpile, putting more emphasis on the axe?
 
I think maybe slightly lower with a bit more of an angle look down the woodpile. Just needs a bit more of the handle in the frame. Great idea though
 
My eye was instantly drawn to the out of focus woodpile, specifically the wood that had the white spots on them. Then when I actually saw the axe, the handle pushed my eyes right out the top of the frame. It definitely needs the axe more as the focal point, and the handle shouldn't exit the top of the frame (or at all). If you recompose with the axe head in the lower third, with the handle moving diagonally (like it is) I think it would make for a stronger composition.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom