What's new

Jet plane and airplanes.

ChristianVan2

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 4, 2026
Messages
11
Reaction score
5
Location
United states
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Any thoughts on these photos I took?

Here is the Airplane:
106_0095_prepared.webp


here is the jet plane:
106_0069_prepared.webp


also here is a scale reference for the jet plane:
106_0073_prepared.webp



Used the Kodak pixpro AZ425 (really good for long zoom photos) with its "1008mm" 35mm equivalent
 

Attachments

  • 106_0069_prepared.webp
    106_0069_prepared.webp
    46.5 KB · Views: 1
Well looking at some earlier
Images by other members, I would say you have a long way to go.. Or you could be joshing us!
Well to be fair I did not use a DSLR. and I did crop in after. plus I only had auto focus. but I was just shooting casually so yeah. (plus that jet was miles away and i could not see it easy. plane was also small in the sky)
 
Hard to get jetliners at altitude to look good. That one is in focus and can tell its a United Airlines flight. But it's probably at least 10 miles away (altitude about 5, and guessing 5 distance). That is probably as good as you can get. But the Maule M-4 is not a good capture. That one should be good and crisp shot.
 
What did you use?
Kodak AZ425

1791224488545.webp


1791224501476.webp


it's a simple camera. quality is basically a point and shoot. but it has a long zoom lens. its fun to play with... but not the best.
so, I recently got a Nikon D3200 off eBay. USPS says it should come oct 6th.
 
Kodak AZ425

View attachment 301776

View attachment 301777

it's a simple camera. quality is basically a point and shoot. but it has a long zoom lens. its fun to play with... but not the best.
so, I recently got a Nikon D3200 off eBay. USPS says it should come oct 6th.
Good decent camera but really small sensor. They do that on purpose to get the long reach of the lens. I have the Nikon P1100 with the same size sensor with fewer MP. It has the 3000mm lens, but in actuality it's 593mm, it's equivalent to 3000mm if compared with full frame sendor. The D3200 with it's APS-C sensor will give you better shots but only 1.5x crop factor. I still have and use my D3300. Nice and light and compact. You should really enjoy your D3200. Though I would not stop using the Kodak either. Unless your selling it to get more Nikon equipment.
 
Good decent camera but really small sensor. They do that on purpose to get the long reach of the lens. I have the Nikon P1100 with the same size sensor with fewer MP. It has the 3000mm lens, but in actuality it's 593mm, it's equivalent to 3000mm if compared with full frame sendor. The D3200 with it's APS-C sensor will give you better shots but only 1.5x crop factor. I still have and use my D3300. Nice and light and compact. You should really enjoy your D3200. Though I would not stop using the Kodak either. Unless your selling it to get more Nikon equipment.
Not selling the kodak. the Kodak is still one I would use for long zoom shots. also btw that Maule M-4 shot was at 1008mm plus I cropped in after a little.
 
Not selling the kodak. the Kodak is still one I would use for long zoom shots. also btw that Maule M-4 shot was at 1008mm plus I cropped in after a little.
Yea, I bought the P1100 just for the lens reach. Still testing it out as the first time I used it was without tripod. Decent shots but would have been better with a remote release on a tripod at full zoom that is. More medium range shots just fine with VR and higher shutter speeds. I did limit iso to max of 800. But was sunny day to the shutter speed good to about 1500-2000mm shots, over that I was pushing the limits of shutter, VR, hand hold technique, and proper breathing. But at 3000mm just a touch soft.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom