Woohoo 7D came today

CxThree

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Sad part is I am not even going to get to play with it tonight. :( Charging it now. I'm attending a magic convention for the next 2 days and should get plenty of low light shots from that. I will be glad to share later this weekend.

That's awesome!! Show us some samples later!!

Congrats.

You're a very lucky -- where do you live, just by chance? Leave the keys out the door while you're at it. :D

Just kidding. Enjoy it, although I don't know about the low light photography.

Pfft... a thread like this and not a single picture, not even one of the 7D taken with the 40D - so sad. :lol:

I preordered it from Adorama on 9/8.

I know. I should have posted a pic of it. Honestly, I popped open the box and started charging it and then started filling out the rebate for the Sandisk Extreme IV cards I got with it.

I will go outside and take a low light shot on my back porch for you and post it soon.

Sry guys.

I will post pics tomorrow from the convention. My 1 year old son is cutting his teeth and tonight is turning out to be a bad night for him.

If there are some types of shots you want to see, let me know in this thread. The convention is in a hotel conference room, so I should have lots of opportunity for bad lighting. I can step outside to get some shots too.

I will have my 70-200 2.8L IS, 24-105 F4L IS, 17-55 F2.8 IS, 50mm F1.4, and a 580 EXII, so I should be able to get a range of shots. Just let me know what you want to see.

Eee, congrats. I think you're going to love the new AF system. Just get comfy with it first before you start shooting; it's a bit intimidating at first. Oh, and don't get scared if the viewfinder is dark when the camera is off; that's normal. (Freaked me out until I realized how the new focusing screen works. :lol: )

I'm interested in what others want to know most about this camera too. There's been a lot of emphasis on how this performs at higher ISOs and not too much on the other features. I'm hoping to have quite a few shots this weekend too to post here with my own thoughts; I'll have low-light, super-unfair-nightmare-kill-me-now low-light, a profile (to play with the new remote flash control system), and some sports shots. ^.^

Oh, and another word of advice, pay attention to how the meter works. It can be a tad unpredictable and not do what you might expect; it behaves MUCH differently than Canon's old meters. Check your exposures often.

First Post! haha anyway,

I am pretty exited about the 7D, I am wondering like everyone else how the low light is, but I was also wondering if you have played with the continuous shooting is on it? I found my 40D does not live up to its claimed 6.5fps

Have you tried using it with a battery grip? Having a battery grip speeds things up a bit. That said, the shutter mechanism in the 7D is right from the 1D series, and whether or not it is exactly 8fps, it's fast. More than fast enough for my needs, to be sure. (Match that with being able to shoot above 20 continuous frames like this, at 18MP to boot, and it's one hell of a killer combo.)

I have it gripped and it did help. I am thinking about buying a 7D as well and I am sure it will be more then fast enough for me, and thank you for the info, any complaints about the body?

My only real gripe so far is with one of the custom functions of the AF system. I'll elaborate further on that this weekend.

Oh, and don't get scared if the viewfinder is dark when the camera is off; that's normal.
What?!

Musicale -- after the 450D, most things seem fast. ;)

Hi,

I had a couple of minutes here so I posted a few pics at high ISO. Still learning this camera. Right now, I am shooting everything in RAW and dumping them straight from the camera since I do not have a lot of time here. Exposure may not be perfect on all of these. Just posting what I can to give you some examples.

I will post more as the weekend goes on. Just using a gallery on a smugmug site for now.

ISO1600F4Sundrop.JPG - Christopher Cooke Photography

Question for you guys who have your 7D's -- there is some disagreement among sites that I've read ...

When you activate the extended ISO function, can you get ISO 50 or is 100 still the low end?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back