sm4him

In memoriam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
sm4him.500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For the past few weeks, these little tiny white pieces of what look like fluff have been floating around in the air all over the place where I live.

I kept meaning to try to grab one and get a picture--then yesterday morning, when the temperature suddenly dropped from a high in the 80s to the low 40s, I went out and discovered a bunch of them all over my car, so I grabbed my macro lens and got a few shots.

Unfortunately, I was also trying to get things together for a family wedding later, so I didn't have a lot of time, and to make matters worse, I also couldn't find the plate for my tripod anywhere (which ended up being a D'oh! moment but that's beside the point).

This was my favorite shot:
Oct4_9968editweb.jpg

And this one is just for size reference:
Oct4_9971editweb.jpg

OOooooooo . . . fluffy.

what what's that

Thanks, everyone.

what what's that
It's a malicious little bitty critter that flies around looking like itty bitty pieces of fluff and then eats all the leaves off your trees. :frog:

Neat... never seen one of those before!
I'd never seen one quite this close-up before--they look different than what I thought they'd look like; I really thought they would still look like mostly fluff even close up.

Aphids were eating my bushes putting little holes in all the leaves. I hope you squished them after you shot their pictures.

There are just TOO many of them! Some days, it actually looks like it's snowing there are so many of them floating in the air right now.
There were probably 200 of them on my car!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back