Work experience

Artemis

Just Punked Himself
Reaction score
Website
www.falcon-eye.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I cant believe my luck today, ive had the luckiest/greatest day ever!

My mum phoned me at lunch time while I was at school, and told me the studio I applied for work experience at phoned me, the woman also asked apparently "Does he have a saturday job?"

I dunno what to make of the saturday job thing, but I phoned them back, and have a work experience placement at the studio...im the first person to get work experience at a photographers studio ever in my school...Im so lucky!!!

And who knows, they may offer me a job...:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

WTG Arty! with your passion, desire and talent, this will be a perfect start to unlimited possibilities for you! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

wow Arti! I told you it may happen soon :D congrats!!

Awesome! I am very happy for you! :D

I hope you do get a job there! (I haven't ever really been payed for any photography work yet) haha
Hope you have fun and do good! :D

Good on ya...

Remember to pay attention and that it's someone's business not just school. Always act in a professional manor.

Big Mike said:
Good on ya...

Remember to pay attention and that it's someone's business not just school. Always act in a professional manor.

great advice :D Do you think I should bring my camera? and do you think i should wear a tie.

Next week im going to talk to the man im gonna learn from for a bit, and then I do the actual work experience in July...wish I they would let me do some early work experience :D

Great news! I'm sure you'll learn a lot at the studio. When do you start?

4th July to the 8th Alison :D I cant wait, and I know ill learn alot :D

its thanks to my Dad...im sure it made me stand out because they knew my Dad :p

Congrats!! :thumbup: You will learn a lot, and it's going to be a great experience for you. :D Terrific news!!

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! let us know the details As Soon As Possible! I spent six years as an assistant. I bet a dollar that you never leave the biz after this gig. That may be a little dramatic, but that is basically what happened to me.

The fact that it is only four days of work may indicate that you will be working your butt off. 12 hour days are common. Definitely do not bring your camera and a tie is questionable.

Of course general work ethics apply. In my beginning the work had very little to do with a camera or making any kind of decision. A lot of carrying heavy equipment. A lot of cutting out reflectors exactly 1/8 of an inch smaller than the wine bottle. At the time; a lot of literally running to the lab.

I can not say that I loved the work at the time. I am proud to say that to this day I use what I learned from the experience.

AND.. If you do not know how a particular piece of gear works; ask someone. On more than one occasion I nearly destroyed 5,000 dollars worth of equipment. If you kick a light that is ok. Just tell the photographer.

craig said:
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! let us know the details As Soon As Possible! I spent six years as an assistant. I bet a dollar that you never leave the biz after this gig. That may be a little dramatic, but that is basically what happened to me.

The fact that it is only four days of work may indicate that you will be working your butt off. 12 hour days are common. Definitely do not bring your camera and a tie is questionable.

Of course general work ethics apply. In my beginning the work had very little to do with a camera or making any kind of decision. A lot of carrying heavy equipment. A lot of cutting out reflectors exactly 1/8 of an inch smaller than the wine bottle. At the time; a lot of literally running to the lab.

I can not say that I loved the work at the time. I am proud to say that to this day I use what I learned from the experience.

AND.. If you do not know how a particular piece of gear works; ask someone. On more than one occasion I nearly destroyed 5,000 dollars worth of equipment. If you kick a light that is ok. Just tell the photographer.

Thanks for the awesome reply mate...but why not bring my camera? just curious on your views :)

since this is a studio youll have to learn the vocab of pro photographers super fast.... they get pissed if you dont know what a gobo is or anything else to that matter.... good job and congrats...(just like i told you.. i could use an assistant too haha, lets book a flight)

Depending on the studio and the work. You may not have the time. I should have said "feel it out first".

Of course paying strong attention to what is going on will reflect really well on your performance. I was fired from a fashion studio for not telling the photographer that he was on his 35th exposure. Every detail is critical. Prelude X also brought up a good point. The lingo is important.

Keep in mind that A: this is just my experience. B: being in H.S and your first photo job; hopefully you will not be thrown to the wolves so to speak.

craig said:
Depending on the studio and the work. You may not have the time. I should have said "feel it out first".

Of course paying strong attention to what is going on will reflect really well on your performance. I was fired from a fashion studio for not telling the photographer that he was on his 35th exposure. Every detail is critical. Prelude X also brought up a good point. The lingo is important.

Keep in mind that A: this is just my experience. B: being in H.S and your first photo job; hopefully you will not be thrown to the wolves so to speak.

heheh yet again thanks for the advice, really appreciated...and im so sorry you were chucked out :(

As for the lingo...could someone explain it to me? We use gobos in drama...but I bet its different.

And Prelude...im at the airport now :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back