Work Space

Who's allowed to smoke at work anymore?

Seems like a snapshot of a cigarette to me...not really doin anything for me. Especially since I really dislike smoking.

I've been a roller for the past ten years or so. It was Golden Virginia when I lived in the UK but have switched to Amsterdam Shag by Peter Stokkebye here in the States. 300 grams last a month and with papers cost about $23USD. This is premium tobacco, not the crap they sweep off the floor and put in manufactored cigarettes.

Oh, the photo.....something is missing for me. I like the contrasts but there is an oddity that is unsettling. Maybe it's the alignment of objects or the empty space at the bottom. I dunno.

Post processing done to originally posted image. The image posted originally was straight out of the scanner, shot BW, no processing had been done (infact the resize was done by PB's auto resize)

Who's allowed to smoke at work anymore?

In New York, none in public workplaces (I.E. Bars, malls, coffee houses...ect.) however private workplaces like my place of employment there is no prohibition. also this picture was taken at my home desk where I do all my artwork, photo, drawing and whatnot, so those laws don't apply.

I've been a roller for the past ten years or so. It was Golden Virginia when I lived in the UK but have switched to Amsterdam Shag by Peter Stokkebye here in the States. 300 grams last a month and with papers cost about $23USD. This is premium tobacco, not the crap they sweep off the floor and put in manufactored cigarettes.

Oh, the photo.....something is missing for me. I like the contrasts but there is an oddity that is unsettling. Maybe it's the alignment of objects or the empty space at the bottom. I dunno.

I used to roll for quite a wile, but stopped when I started using the Tar Bars in an attempt to quit but that is another story for another time.

The alignment of the objects is natural so to speak....that is kind of how they end up on my desk. Never the less I did not want a cluttered appearance, perhaps maybe I should have composed it just a touch higher bringing the ashtrey closer the the bottom of the frame, wile keeping the shadow cast from the cigerette?

I know whats bothering me now!!!

There is no smoke!

Where did it go!?

Haha it looks like it burned out mid-way.... and that only happens with crappy cigs!

Haha it looks like it burned out mid-way.... and that only happens with crappy cigs!
It may look that way but I can assure you it did not, in the time it took me to take and document the five shots I lost almost half that cigerette. :lol:

the other four

[Removed] [[url]Removed] [[url]Removed] [[url]Removed]

Well, it took a blunt request but I now know how this picture got derailed onto the cigerette, I won't make the same mistake on the next one.

compostion failure.....not total, but close enough to call it that.

yeah, I am usually a Winston guy, they'er killin me but every now and a gain I treat my self.

Winstons taste like you're smoking a construction site.

Most reactions

Back