Workflow Cam + iPhone + Lightroom on Mac

darkew

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys,

Amateur/hobbyist here.

I used to take pictures with my phone until a few month ago, when I bought a Sony A5100. Since Apple retired Aperture, I got Lightroom for storage, cataloguing and light editing.

I'm wondering how you guys manage/consolidate your libraries. I have all my old photos from Aperture on the latest Apple Photos app, but I don't like it. Using Aperture and Photos have the advantage that your photos are instantly available from inside other applications.

The pictures from my A5100 are all on an external hard drive and stored within Lightroom.

What do you guys think is the easiest way? Just go everything from Lightroom - even though that means exporting pictures before uploading them anywhere? Have two separate catalogues in Lightroom - one for the phone, one for camera? Put everything in together? If so, how do I bring all my old pictures into Lightroom? So many questions.

Thank you!

If you plan to stick with Sony cameras I would recommend Capture One Express, it's free for Sony users and you like it you can upgrade to the Pro version for $50.
FREE Capture One Express for Sony Cameras

This was the best upgrade I ever did and no longer have to suffer with any Adobe buggy software.

Lightroom can sync to mobile. Download mobile lightroom. You can make a catalog on desktop and sync. You can even edit on mobile which will sync back to the desktop ( MacBook in my case)

Hi darkew, I used to organise my photos with Apple Aperture until Apple decided to stop developing it. Basically I've imported all my RAW files into Lightroom, under one catalogue. I guess there is no right or wrong way to do it, just the matter of your preference and how you want to organize it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back