What's new

Working on composition

pauxg47181

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 26, 2014
Messages
11
Reaction score
3
Location
Mesa, Arizona
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I wanted to post a few pictures I took today in hopes of receiving some helpful feedback. I've been trying to work on composition and being more critical of the photos I keep.
 

Attachments

  • $image-509497549.webp
    $image-509497549.webp
    50.2 KB · Views: 119
  • $image-4239346571.webp
    $image-4239346571.webp
    68.2 KB · Views: 115
  • $image-460005763.webp
    $image-460005763.webp
    77.9 KB · Views: 122
  • $image-4093193201.webp
    $image-4093193201.webp
    43.7 KB · Views: 114
  • $image-421039948.webp
    $image-421039948.webp
    48.7 KB · Views: 118
My favorite is the little boy on the bench.

I can't begin to stress enough, though, how much I wish you had gotten his foot in the frame...
 
the last one needs a bit adjusting, cropping differently, brighten a bit, desaturate a bit... and I barely see the boy in there...

but if edited differently, I would like the pict
 
My favorite is the little boy on the bench. I can't begin to stress enough, though, how much I wish you had gotten his foot in the frame...

This may have even a cropping error on my part :/ I'll have to go back and make sure I didn't chop my sons feet off while editing lol
 
the last one needs a bit adjusting, cropping differently, brighten a bit, desaturate a bit... and I barely see the boy in there... but if edited differently, I would like the pict

Thank you! I will mess around with it some tonight and repost here. Also feel free to edit to show the specific things you would do, if you want.
 
Composition-wise I think the third one has the most potential, but it looks so dark to me. Anyway I diddled with it some:

$image-460005763 - Version 2.webp
 
I like the bench one. I too wish his feet were in the photo, and the right third of the photo can go.
 
I agree that the boy on the bench potentially is te best omage here. But you are working withe a very difficult frame. I would suggest reading about the Golden Section and working within those rules. You can move to more demanding formats once you are confident with simpler composition.
Check this image and compare it side by side with yours. Note the proportions, the balance between the subject, the bench and the background, the way the composition is balanced by the positioning of the boy, the bench and the writing on the wall. It is not a classical composition, it is close to yours, but proportions there work very well. Just analyse it and decide for yourself why.

Ú-Ôîòî - ßìàéñêèå ïðàçäíèêè

(Do not forget to click on the image to remove the caption)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom