Working on domain names and would like some opinions

JLEphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.eldridgestudios.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My name is Jason L. Eldridge and I am wanting purchase a domain name for my photography. I would prefer that it have something to do with "Eldridge Photography" but I am open to suggestions. The issue is that there is already an eldridgephotography.com and well, it really stinks (throw back from the mid to late '90s). I could use eldridge-photography.com but there is a chance that people could go to the other and leave a bad taste in peoples mouth. I do realize that branding is a huge deal so I am wanting to spend sometime working on the name/logo etc.

I am an avid nature/wildlife photographer but I am moving to portraits, lighting, weddings etc..

Here are some variations on my ideas

eldridge-photography.com
eldridge-photo.com
jeldridgephotography.com
jeldridgephoto.com
jle-photography.com

Thoughts? Constructive opinions? (I will take the unconstructive ones for the sake of a laugh).

I'd avoid the hyphen...as you mentioned, it would be too easy for people to find that other site instead of yours.

Remember, simple and easy to spell are very good things for web addy.

If you are wanting to get into wedding & portrait photography, you might want to consider a business name, rather than just your own name.
I've seen some stats saying that people are more likely to look at a business name. That's one reason I'm changing my business name.

Like Big Mike said, I would definitely skip any hyphenated domains.

Here are some that are available that you didn't mention:
photosbyeldridge.com
jleldridge.com

From your choices, I think jeldridgephoto.com is strongest.

Hi Jason - whatever name you choose for your domain name, try and make sure it features keywords for which you want your website to show up in google and yahoo searches. Your domain name is one of the many elements by which search engines judge the importance and relevance of your site..... for example, if you were a wedding photographer bases in Los Angeles, the ultimate domain name for you would be www.losangelesweddingphotographer.com. There is no need to go that far, but it helps to have the word photographer, photography or your region.

Hope this helps

It does... Sadly I purchased a name prior to reading this post. I went with Creation's Mirror. I love this name... Now I need a logo and of course to get out there and take some photos!!!

I like that anyway. Creation's Mirror. That has a ring to it. Run with it.

Most reactions

Back