The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I learned PPing (as much as I have learnt) by trial and error, reading books and watching videos but I've never been totally happy with my processing.

I've taken a couple of workshops but they have been relative failures because my needs didn't match and the person giving the workshop ended up spending more time with the slower students so.....

Since I now live in Manhattan, I've searched out a very, very good pro retoucher and I'm going to be taking lessons from her, half day at a time until I'm happy with what I can do or she gets completely tired of seeing me.

This won't make me a better photographer but perhaps improve the end product.

L

That's a great idea Lew, let us know how it goes please!

I know what you mean about editing, i feel pretty much exactly the same way about mine.

I've just had my second 3.5 hours retouching lesson and it was terrific.
This woman has been doing high end retouching for glamour and commercial photographers for 20 years and her work is wonderful.
CarrieNYC | NYC Retouching Studio | Carrie Beene Retouching

She is a meticulous worker and is showing me techniques I've never heard of before.
It will be slow going but I'm determined to keep this up as long as I live here in NYC.

L

What a great opportunity. I'm at a point where even though I think I'm approaching a process issue correctly, just having someone more knowledgeable to confirm it would really help. Wish there was an opportunity like that here close by.

This lady lives 20 minutes away - but this is NYC.
There are probably 25 others within the same radius. Her work is great and we get along.

I come away from every lesson realizing how little I really know about PS and just how good a 'real' retoucher is.
The frustrating part is trying to do at all what she does so incredibly easily.
Twenty years of actually working with PS is just amazing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back