World Cup

Mitica100

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Whoa! Now that's a goal! Last goal of the German team was something I haven't seen since the Franz Beckenbauer era.

Germany - Costa Rica
4 - 2

yeh that was a fantastic goal! and germany's now won!!! yahoooooooo :wav: :cheers: :D :D :D
i:heart: the german team!

Damnit I hate being in this timezone. All games are happening during the day. I'm only gonna catch repeats.

awww too bad! deal with it ;)

I missed that one.
Was here uploading the pics of "My Village during the Opening Match of the Soccer World Championships" when it happened. Hubby says it was one of the kind he had not seen in years!
Must go back to the telly now to see the replay!

Mitica100 said:
Whoa! Now that's a goal! Last goal of the German team was something I haven't seen since the Franz Beckenbauer era.

Germany - Costa Rica
4 - 2

Do you mean the first one or the last one?!............ gotta be the last one tho right...... that was amazing, if what they're saying about these new balls is true, some of these long range efforts are gonna be sweet!....... cant wait till stevie gerrard has a go ;) ........

yea, so my pools team didn't do too well huh..... a few good goals tho, maybe they'll still qualify.

Yeah, Arch, the last goal by the German team. Over 40 yards away and kicked so well!

What is it about the new balls? The goalies hate them and the fielders love them. What gives? What's new about them?

Its unclear why the balls behave the way they do........ but they have been re-designed with fewer pannels and are suppose to be the most perfectly spherical balls ever made........ that combined with the light weight material make them do 'strange' things in the air......... apparently most goalkeepers didnt like them but all the field players are happy with them...... if that last goal from the germany match is anything to go by....... i can see why!

Goalkeepers havent been happy with the balls from the last few world cups..... it seems the more technology plays with them, the more unpredictable they become............ whereas the old, heavier balls not only travel slower in the air but didnt use to 'move around' much either........

But hey its the world cup........ and we want action, right!........

One keeper for this world cup said...... "It's a nightmare, an absolute nightmare," .....There's going to be a lot of goals when the World Cup starts. But I guess that's people want to see."

.......... and he's right :mrgreen:

Hmm... England won but wasn't an impressive win, as I'm used to see coming from them. Nice free kick though from Beckham.

Mitica100 said:
Hmm... England won but wasn't an impressive win, as I'm used to see coming from them. Nice free kick though from Beckham.
Yeh totally agree with you! least they won. maybe well see what we're used to in the next match :)

It was just cuz it was too hot........K........ :mrgreen:

Yea, at least we won...... but we should have sent the message to the other teams that we are currently the best side outside of brazil....... that didnt happen, but next time we'll do better i'm sure ;)

Archangel said:
It was just cuz it was too hot........K........ :mrgreen:

Yea, at least we won...... but we should have sent the message to the other teams that we are currently the best side outside of brazil....... that didnt happen, but next time we'll do better i'm sure ;)

ya never know, might have been a trick tactic ;) "oh luck england suck! they only just won!" then we totally kick everyones arses cos they didnt see it coming! lol

fotophia said:
ya never know, might have been a trick tactic ;) "oh luck england suck! they only just won!" then we totally kick everyones arses cos they didnt see it coming! lol

I sooooo hope that's sven's tactics......... cant believe he took michael owen off....... well it had better be his tactics i suppose........ else half of Enlgand is gonna lynch him :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back