What's new

Worn/Vintage Look... Wagon

AaronLLockhart

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 17, 2012
Messages
889
Reaction score
177
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm going to display before/unedited version, and then an image I pretty much manipulated through all hell and back. I shot it in Monochrome with very high contrast, so even the original non edit really isn't that great as far as quality is concerned. The goal for the end result was to look like an old scratched up film print from the 1800's. It's much different that what is usually posted on this forum... you all's thoughts?

Before:
$DSC_0082.webp

After:
$DSC_0082_3.webp
 
Good editing work. It might benefit from a bit of a blur to lessen the sharp details of the stones and use a bit less scratches. Possibly add a light sepia tone to it, too.
 
Good editing work. It might benefit from a bit of a blur to lessen the sharp details of the stones and use a bit less scratches. Possibly add a light sepia tone to it, too.

Why? Some of the most razor sharp photos were taken in the dawn of photography.
 
I think its a good attempt, but its not working for me. It just looks like I'm looking through a scratched lens, instead of an actual vintage photo. Maybe there's too much texture/scratching. I actually prefer the before photo and think it looks more vintage than the second.
 
I think its a good attempt, but its not working for me. It just looks like I'm looking through a scratched lens, instead of an actual vintage photo. Maybe there's too much texture/scratching. I actually prefer the before photo and think it looks more vintage than the second.

That's precisely why I posted it here for C&C. I got the same feeling. It almost seems as if there is a fog or haze over the top of the edited photo, doesn't it? Almost too much like it were placed there intentionally.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom