Worst Beer Eveeeerrrrrrrrr

How about the local favourite here where you take bottles of the 'alcohol free' stuff, add yeast and sugar, then ferment the alcohol back in. Ready in 10 days or less, depending on whether there's a rush - give it 14 days if you can afford to let it mature a little...

British make good beer??? hahahah.a... well hang on.. that might actually be true if you served it cold! :p

Fourex (XXXX) here is pretty bad. Which is what, according to advertising, we all drink. hehehe.

We make good ale! Come over here and stop hiding in convict land and I'll show you some good stuff. Beer!

in fact its only the UK that makes good Beer. So in other words if it ain't British it's cat's ****

I agree most good beer/ale is found in the UK, but there are a couple of German top fermented beers which are really good. You probably never tried them and I will have to convince you one day ;)

The UK is NOT the only place that brews great beer. Germany, Belgium, and the good ol' US of A all brew exceptional beers. I'm not talking about commercial brewers either. Anheiser-Busch and the like are all urine-water packed with all sorts of taste-killing preservatives. If you want to experience good beer, try micro-brew! Most micro-brew is non-pasteurized, so the wonderful tastes stay in the brew. Here in the US, we have an exceptional selection of mircro-brewed beer.

So to answer the original question, only micro-brew for me.

Oh, and the Guinness you find anywhere other than Ireland sucks! They keep the good stuff for themselves.

Any beer with the word "light" or "lite" in the name.

You know how Light Beer and sex in a canoe are alike, don't you?

They are both f*%@ing close to water!!!!!

An old Aussie friend told me that and I agree.

The crap of the crap beer is probably "BEER" (the generic stuff in the white can with the black lettering)
Then pretty much anything mass produced and domestic (here in the US) is a close 2nd... Coors, Anheuser -Busch, Miller...

Meister brau is the worst I ever had. I prefer to brew my own and my favorite right now is Belgian Trapist Ale.

Locally, Corona is WAY overrated, also Sol.

The worst I've tasted was in St. Lucia. I don't even remember the name... really tasted bad, even ice cold in a hot caribbean day.

Any beer with the word "light" or "lite" in the name.

Stole my words. Usually associated with the fat-assed Americans that think it's a calorie saver. :puke:. Calories over taste....NEVER.

...and LP, although several strange liquids have passed my gullet, cat**** is not one of them. However I imagine that any of that rubbish lite beers are in the same family.

Apart from Yuengling every now and then, I stick with spirits.

Light beers suck,

and why the hell do crappy American beer companies believe that RICE should be mixed with the malt?! (I know the historical reasons so dont explain them, It just tastes like crap!)

You want crappy beers, come to ST.Louis, the headquarters, of Anheuser-Bush, and with the exception of a few watering holes, the availability of quality brews is disgusting.

As Far as bad beer specifics,

Natural Light
Keystone light
Keystone Ice
The Beast
The Beast ICE

But I can still but Hamm's or Shlitz for $1.25 at a few bars!

Instead of sitting around bitching about #$%@ beer, why not mention a few of our favorites. It seems there are others, like myself, who are borderline, or complete like me, beer snobs. Not to hijack the thread, I like to avoid crappy beers at all costs. I go to a very few, select libations purveyors simply for the beer they have/brew.

A few of my favorites, in no particular order (although I love IPAs the most):

Hop Devil - Victory Brewing
Trögenator - Tröegs Brewing
60, 90, & 120 minute IPA - Dogfish Head
Wittekerke - Brewery Bavik
Bornem Triple - Brewery Vansteenberg
and of course my local brewery, Lancaster Brewing Co. has a great IPA, Hop Hog, on tap all year-’round. They also have great seasonals! Mmmmm, hops!:drool:

i actually hate becks

Most reactions

New Topics

Back