Worst christmas present Ever

That is so sad! Why didn't you go to the vet for a blood transfusion? It is a pretty common practice when dealing with flea anemia. How was he in the situation to be so infested with fleas that is caused his death? Was his mother not on flea preventative? Something about this situation doesn't sound right to me. Yes kittens cannot have flea drops (under 6 weeks) but they can be bathed in Dawn dish soap to kill any fleas on them. Also, you could have treated your house and yard.

Sorry for the loss of your kitten. :(. He is in a better place now.

That sucks, I am so sorry.

That is so sad! Why didn't you go to the vet for a blood transfusion? It is a pretty common practice when dealing with flea anemia.
Several things all piled onto another. I have no form of transportation other than on foot, Nearest vet clinic is some thirty miles or more away in Olean or Randolph. Wile yes, I can ask people for a ride, getting one is a different story. Little advanced warning, Not long before I left the house for my great nephiews birthday on christmas eve, he was climbing up on top of and playing with the scratching post, eating normally and he was not stopping and scratching at all (this mearly means he did not have an algery to flea bites however my not knowing that he was not allergic to them led to this oversight as most of my cats are). Also as I mentioned before this happened during a time when I am frequently out of the house for extended periods of time preparing for attending holiday get togethers as well as a birthday in addition to providing regular in home care for my grandmother as of late November. Once it was discovered it was too late and into the advanced stages.

Additionally, I was due into work within the next couple houres. I do not have the ability to call off due to the nature of my employment. If I call off, my employer has to either call off as well or find an emergency sitter. Finding an emergency overnight sitter at ten o'clock on Christmas night is highly unlikely. Calling off on a scedualed holiday is grounds for termination pending acceptable reasoning and your child care providers pet is almost as far from acceptable to them as it gets. These are the same people who wright up sceduals that result in my having to work seven consecutive days at sixteen hours, they don't care about their employees underlings.

How was he in the situation to be so infested with fleas that is caused his death?

This is one of my big questions as well. Granted, yes, they where born and raised for some time out doors, but that is a moot point as they had been brought in before the snow flew. That said had they come from that he would have gone south prior to now. Additionally, if the fleas where in the house when they came in the same would also hold true. The fleas came in with some one reasently. Now that I sit and think about it, it's most likely me as everywhere I go there are pets and my grandmothers dog despite being on one of the heavier flea medications, is still battling with fleas.

Was his mother not on flea preventative?
We do not use any flea prevention wile a mother is nurcing and they where just starting the process of being whened, so no.

Something about this situation doesn't sound right to me.

Yes, there is a failure in here somewhere, I may not be the only person in the house but my lack of pressence contributes heavily, making this even more painfull as this is completely preventable and we where fully aware the potential of fleas before hand.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back