Worst Movies

Whats wrong with the English accent?

I'm southern so I have a habit of sounding a bit posh but I rather like it, especially when someone can really carry it off. I seem to remember Richard E. Grant being able to quite well, maybe its just me though :?

I like accents...all of them! Some a bit more than others though...no...wait....ok...there is one that annoys me a bit. French accents...but I think that's cuz most of the ones I hear are fake and stound stupid. A real french accent might not be that bad.

Oh no quite the opposite a true french accent can be rather nice... I have friends in France and visit quite a lot... it's rather pleasant.

Bokeh said:
Niki said:
lol if you read my post before you'll understand. Two actors that I don't like in one package...erm...no thank you. :oops: :wink:

Wow we seem to agree on a lot... I don't care for grant or julia roberts. The one movie she really suprised me in was "Erin Brokovich." That was really good and she did a great job.

I haven't seen the movie, but I've read about it. Must say it sounds like it could be good, but gahh, I just can't stand her long enough to see the movie. :(

About accents... I love scottis one. :D
Soooo sexy accent. :D

Scurra said:
Oh no quite the opposite a true french accent can be rather nice... I have friends in France and visit quite a lot... it's rather pleasant.

Again this is like "my favorite color," pure opinion. It's all in how it sounds to the ears.

And I agree, the french accent sounds kinda neat... I also like the accent of people from Alabama and Mississippi. Such a strong southern drawl.

Well there we go big up Santino he has the right idea :)

Bokeh said:
My favorite accents are:

1) North Carolina - I just LOVE to hear Mrs. Walton talk!! Could listen to that all day
2) Ireland/Scottland
3) Germany

I think the better accent out of the two Carolinas would have to be South Carolina...anyone agree? ;)

Niki said:

I just noticed you're from Finland... I wonder what the heck a Finnish accent sounds like... I don't think I've ever met anyone from Finland before. Just curious. Can you compare it to something else?

Bokeh said:
core_17 said:
I think the better accent out of the two Carolinas would have to be South Carolina...anyone agree? ;)

I didn't know there was a difference; I just know the Waltons was set in NC.

I dunno if there is or not...just heard the SC accent and thought it was damn sexy! :oops:

Bokeh said:
Niki said:

I just noticed you're from Finland... I wonder what the heck a Finnish accent sounds like... I don't think I've ever met anyone from Finland before. Just curious. Can you compare it to something else?

Well, my english sounds very american. Atleast that is what everyone keeps telling me.
But usually finnish language itself sounds very.. how to say... hard.
If you want to hear a finnish english accent you should listen F1 driver Mika Häkkinen. :LOL:
Gawd Im glad not everyone of us talk like him. :oops:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back