Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Let me know if this is worthy of being on display :sexywink:

Also any ways to make it a better photo are always appreciated

GiraffeFinal-1.jpg

Last edited:
What kind of horse is that?

Sorry about the horse remark. The head of the giraffe in the front is great. The one in the backround distracts from the one in the front. Next time, maybe move slightly to your right when shooting this.
If your camera settings allow, a shallower dof will produce better bokeh, which would also help.

A very strange horse that is! lol

And actually I intended for that guy to be in the back and a little out of focus. But I guess thats a no-no, ah?

Allizdog89

Remember, my comments are strictly my opinion. Ten other people may have 10 other ideas.

There is more than one way to skin a cat. The method I mentioned is only one.

Take a look at the one in the front. He is the focus of the shot...

haha alright thanks. I just presume everyone knows more than me since "I only know, that I know nothing"

haha alright thanks. I just presume everyone knows more than me since "I only know, that I know nothing"

Lots of us are n00bs here.

I love giraffes, and I like the focus on the one on the left, but I agree with pbelarge's statement that the composition is a bit off.

At first glance it looks like the giraffe in the foreground is biting the other's neck! Just a bit of different perspective could have made the difference, but I doubt even blurrier bokeh would have fixed this.

But sometimes you 'gets whatcha gets' and be happy with that.

enjoyable shot, wish he/she was smiling!

Nice colors and contrast, but the second giraffe is distracting.

It's funny to run into this thread, I have been editing photos of giraffes today!

My initial impression of the image is that you have over processed it. My next gripe would be the crop, or the framing of the animal. Next time tell the animal to give you a striking pose, or to vogue for you. Lastly like mentioned, that OOF giraffe is a bit much.

This has a greenish color cast that bothers me. It's fixable in PS by using a curves adjustment layer and using the middle gray dropper to select a part of the frame that should be middle gray, like a small part of the bkg animal's ear for example.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back