Would like some Constructive Criticism...

Bboysoda

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey guys, iv been looking for a great forum, and this seems to be prefect. Iv just got really into photography, v had a small digital camera for awhile, but untell now, Iv really thought about being a photography, or at least making a hobby. My dad has always loved taking pictures, and I guess im getting it from him.

This is the camera I have atm, with a 512 Memory Card.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/SS60/SS60A.HTM

This is what my dad has, but its in japanese (he is japanese). I cant use it all the time, but at times he lets me. ^^

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond70/

Here is some of my work...

http://bboysodapop.deviantart.com/

Coo-K.jpg
Riverside2.jpg

NathanVollyball.jpg
Kuni_Sun.jpg

CarLight.jpg

Im willing to learn anything, im in search for some mula for a better camera. Please let me know what I need to work on. ^ ^

Thank in Advanded
-Soda

Welcome to the forum

It looks like you have a lot of potential. It's hard to really offer specific critique on several images though. If you post a single image into the critique forum...you may get more specific things to work on. For now, I'll offer this...try to avoid really contrasting light. In a few of these shots (the first two, for example)...there are areas that are just too bright. These shots would probably look better if you had avoided getting the bright areas...or if you waited for the sun to get lower in the sky.

Ok, I see thanks.

Yah, I see how its hard to look at more then one pictures, but like you did, if there are something about one that I should work on, it will effect all of my photos. ^^

Thanks

Heya bboysoda, and welcome to ThePhotoForum.

This is a collection of quite promising photos that you have brought for us to introduce yourself.

If it is YOU in the first one (and in those that show a person), then I wonder how you took them? Do you have a tripod and did you set the camera on a timer?

I like the first as a kind of portrait. But I think I would crop off that bit of sky.

The second shows a nice scene, also quite pleasingly composed give them circumstances (and I guess they were so you would not have been able to step even one inch further to your left or you would have been in the stream) ... again the sky is a bit too overexposed. But compact cameras and such severe light differences don't go together well, I know that from experience.

I like the frozen action in the third but am not so VERY sure about the fourth, though it was cleverly planned to place yourself/that person (?) exactly in front of the sun ... but here maybe a fill flash could have helped (this would be one of the REALLY GOOD reasons to use flash in brightest sunlight).

The last is a tad boring compared to the other four. Is it meant to show the beginning of colour changes in the leaves?

Thanks alot guys! ^^ I feel very welcomed.

Thanks LaFoto for your comments. Non of thoes pictures are me. I dont use a tripod or timmer, thoes are just my friends/brothers in the pictures. They arent really planned, either im just walking around a park and see a nice shot, or something.

The first, I see how the lighting is a bit to extream, ill work on that. Second, I couldnt move over more, or ill have a broken camera :confused:

forth, iv never worked with anything like that, so I don't have any comment really. Just playing around and saw an intersting shot. Worked alittle with it.

The last, I dont really know. I guess showing fall? If I really look at it, sad attempted. :p

Thanks for the comment, i'll work with lighting more.

:thumbsup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back