Would love CC on this session.

hmreyna

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My son is turning 10 on Tuesday so of course I had to go out and take some pictures. I feel like there is just TOO much contrast, what do you guys think? What can I do to improve these images?
blog2.jpg
blog4.jpg
blog8.jpg

I think they are fine. Plenty of contrast left without blowing things out, any less I think it will pull a lot of color out of the image.

All good, maybe #2 straighten the picture

I think the fill flash is too bright and straight on so that all the detail in his face is blown out.
Really loosely cropped for no obvious reason.

I think you would benefit from allowing edits to your pictures.

A cheap reflector (or anything white) would do a lot for fill light on these. There is too much sun flare for me, but that is just my taste. :)

Agree about the sunflares, they distract from the subject.

Okay, thank you all. I actually did straighten the second photo after I posted. Photos are okay to edit now. Maybe that will help. I also did a little more editing on some of them, I'll post to see if they're better.

I feel like there is just TOO much contrast, what do you guys think?
Now if you're talking about the difference between your subject and the sky in the background, then I would agree, there is quite a lot of difference. Your subject alone looks good, so not too much contrast there.
What can I do to improve these images?
A re-crop of them all would probably help.

Shooting against the sun makes it quite difficult to produce good photography. What was the background like looking back in the opposite direction?

There are many people who would love to have this degree of sun flaring! The look you have is popular these days with a good many people. If there's anything I would suggest it would be to apply very subtle darkening around the edges of the frame, and to perhaps increase the maximum black level a little bit, so there is a bit deeper maximum dark value somewhere within the frame. That will tend to bring out the look of the flare against the dark parts of the frame , like for example in frame #2, where the flare is near his jeans. Shot #2 would probably look better seen a little bit darker overall, a with a deeper black point.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back