Would love to speak to wedding photographers if you have 15 minutes

ChrisKB

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi All...Apologies if I am not in the right forum for this post but reading all the forum titles I assume this is the right one :)

My name is Chris and I would love to speak to any wedding photographers to pick your brain. We are creating something that we hope will be a helpful product to show off your portfolio and even be a valued add sale to your couple clients but we want to learn from you. I promise I will not try and sell you anything, for me this is all about learning about what you want and need and what your pain points are today in promoting your service and business.

The reason I am here is that I have found it hard through our own Social Media channels and even talking to our own current users to elicit enough information to make a better product. Also I would love to seek a wider perspective than just those who may be interested in what we offer. If you are another type of photographer and you have the same pain points I describe then certainly would love to talk to you as well.

Thank you in advance.
Chris

Last edited:
hahaha.. sounds like a sales pitch to me! ;)

.. to illicit enough information ..

I think the term you want is "elicit" unless it is indeed illicit information that you want.

Hi All...Apologies if I am not in the right forum for this post but reading all the forum titles I assume this is the right one :)

My name is Chris and I would love to speak to any wedding photographers to pick your brain. We are creating something that we hope will be a helpful product to show off your portfolio and even be a valued add sale to your couple clients but we want to learn from you. I promise I will not try and sell you anything, for me this is all about learning about what you want and need and what your pain points are today in promoting your service and business.

The reason I am here is that I have found it hard through our own Social Media channels and even talking to our own current users to illicit enough information to make a better product. Also I would love to seek a wider perspective than just those who may be interested in what we offer. If you are another type of photographer and you have the same pain points I describe then certainly would love to talk to you as well.

Thank you in advance.
Chris

Hey Chris! Welcome to our site and I am excited to hear that you are interested in what we have to say. Generally, my wedding photography consulting firm charges about $350 an hour. This would include a portfolio review as well as a basic business class. How about this...I will let you in on something. I like you Chris, and this is why I am making you this offer. For only $300 an hour (Yes, you heard me correctly, 300!) I will teach you everything I know about photography.

Let me know what you think!

GW

Thanks all for your responses they did make me smile :) .... and yes wrong version of the word 'illicit'. Certainly understand that it sounds like I am pitching something but that is not my intention at all hence why I haven't mentioned anything about the product, etc. Really would love to just to talk to ppl who are experts in the field b/c I am not a photographer let alone a wedding photographer and so just don't know the things all of you would know without even thinking.

Last edited:
So you're saying you have no contributions to make to the TPF community regarding doing photography, and are not likely to ever be an active, involved forum member?

Photography Forum & Digital Photography Forum FAQ
* Spamming is not tolerated. Do not cross-post messages in multiple forums in an effort to gain attention. Furthermore, should it be obvious by your signature or posting style that you are here only to promote your business or product, you may receive a warning or possibly be banned. It is permissible for active, involved members to post links to their personal or business web sites.

So you're saying you have no contributions to make to the TPF community regarding doing photography, and are not likely to ever be an active, involved forum member?

Photography Forum & Digital Photography Forum FAQ
* Spamming is not tolerated. Do not cross-post messages in multiple forums in an effort to gain attention. Furthermore, should it be obvious by your signature or posting style that you are here only to promote your business or product, you may receive a warning or possibly be banned. It is permissible for active, involved members to post links to their personal or business web sites.

Boom goes the Mod dynamite.

I'll bite. Might as well try and be helpful.
My wife is a wedding and portrait photographer, and i second shoot.
We do studio and on location work. Feel free to PM me with any questions you have and i will consult with the wife and get back to you as soon as possible.

BTW, MY pain point is my back.

Actually I hope to be an ongoing active member of the community :) This is just my toe in the water beginning as would love to learn more from all of you about the business of photography and share what I am learning from the photographers i interact with each day. I certainly respect the rules of the forum and your community which is why I include no links, mentions, signatures of anything that could be seen as commercial in nature. I am here because this is where professional photographers are in mass so I can ask questions.

Thank you Pixmedic will PM you, and as a moderator hope you will see immediately my intentions are pure :) ... unfortunately I have no advice to share back pain other than maybe carry a lighter camera!

I'll bite. Might as well try and be helpful.
My wife is a wedding and portrait photographer, and i second shoot.
We do studio and on location work. Feel free to PM me with any questions you have and i will consult with the wife and get back to you as soon as possible.

BTW, MY pain point is my back.

Pix, you're undercutting the Wedding Photography consulting market. By my estimation, per word typed you should be charging about $1.00.

^ Look at that, I just made $20.00.

Boo-yah!

Most reactions

Back