Would you buy a lens hood from here?

Lens hoods.com does not have a rating at reseller ratings but they appear to be a branch site for cameragear.com resellerratings.com/store/CameraGear. they have acceptable reviews but only a couple. I suppose I would give them a try to say the least.

As for which one we need the lens information, specifically the diameter. If it's not marked on the lens it is generally marked on the lens cap.

All right, 58mm, wide angle no less than 15mm and telephoto not exceeding 300mm.

I ordered the 3-in-1 rubber lens hood this morning after reading this thread. I got an email immediately confirming the order and another within the hour saying it had shipped!

Figured for $10 (with shipping), it was worth the risk.

beware of rubber generic lens hoods they may be visible with some lenses at certain focal lengths.

beware of rubber generic lens hoods they may be visible with some lenses at certain focal lengths.

Thanks for the warning. This is a 3-in-1, which means it has three positions for telephoto, medium and wide angle lengths.

Like I said, for $10 shipped, I'll take a chance. After all, it has to be better than no hood at all, right? And I can always remove it if it gets in the way of the shot.

dont think u would really need it o the short lens, i did buy a cheap one and it was a waste of time. when i got the longer lens it came with a nikon hood

$10 shipped is expensive. I got my rubber hood for $5 or $6 shipped on ebay.

If you're going to buy the crap generic brands, you might as well buy them on ebay and save some money.

UV filters, hoods, caps, etc... I buy on ebay.

Just my 2cents...

dont think u would really need it o the short lensd

short lens as in wide angle? They need a hood the most because their large round opticals are notorious for attracting light flares.

All right, 58mm, wide angle no less than 15mm and telephoto not exceeding 300mm.

I'm not sure I am reading this correctly...

If I did read it correctly 58mm is what is printed on the lens cap?

If so, then it's the 58mm hood you need.

If not, you need to know what the filter diameter of the lens is because they thread on to the lens using the filter threads.

dont think u would really need it o the short lens, i did buy a cheap one and it was a waste of time. when i got the longer lens it came with a nikon hood

I can't tell you howmany shots taken with 28mm and 35mm lenses I discarded due to lensflare, there is ample times where a hood for a short lens would prove useful.

Hmm. Okay, thanks.

Battou - just restating that I have a telephoto and wide lens to take in to the equation. :)

By the way, anyone used a Digital Concepts UV multi coated filter?

Hmm. Okay, thanks.

Battou - just restating that I have a telephoto and wide lens to take in to the equation. :)

Oh, you are asking which lens to get the hood for and not which hood to get....

Go with the telephoto I guess.

It seems odd that it would not be built in, Every telephoto I own grater than (including a few at) 135mm has it built in.

By the way, anyone used a Digital Concepts UV multi coated filter?

If memory serves me correctly they are rebranded Vivitar filters. I do not personally use UV filters so I can't help you desipte having several.

Vivitar...

Hmm.
---
No... I just stated it because some hoods can only cover telephoto, or wide angles, without getting vignetting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back