Would you call this photo plain? C&C please

Euphillia

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I personally like this photo(ya that's prolly all that matters) but what does the audience think of it?

IMG_0278.jpg

If YOU like it, then I guess that's all that matters. I personally don't care for it, but my 8 year-old daughter would LOVE this photo! ;)

Well first off I'm going to love any pic of a husky so I'm probably not the most unbiased judge! Nice frame for him to run in, maybe a tad more could be cropped but up to you. It may be my monitor here but I don't see any detail in the snow.

No the snow really was VERY smooth when we went. Totally virgin he was the only dog to run in it. And hes a Malamute....LOL...easy to miss I know.

I think your composition is good and your subject is interesting but the background is too plain. Some detail in the snow, might help. It's almost the "polar bear in a snow storm." Why are there no tracks behind the dog? That might help it. Some sight lines that take you to the subject. Maybe a little closer crop.

It looks like his back paw was chopped off D:

Its in the snow, first foot to hit the ground, the rest are still above the snow.

I cropped all the trees and garbage out that was distracting. He was just coming into the frame, so I think that's why I am missing tracks,

How would I get more detail to the snow? I mean there was really NOTHING in it. Wind blown totally smooth.

Definitely a good sense of motion on the main subject. My opinion is not plain, but perhaps a little too much empty space. I am one for filling the frame with the main subject if there only is one subject.

Have you tried inverting the image so that he is running the other way? People view images left to right so maybe it would work better if the first thing they see is the detailed husky who is then running into hte snow (rather than empty nothing and then husky).

Ps - great looking dog - bet he loved the snow :)

edit - I would also crop the shot slightly to remove that strip of black from the top and I would also be tempted to remove the small black dot as well using the spot heal tool. No point in having little distractions in anotherwise very clear and clean scene

Give his tail a little more space at the top and clone/heal out that little black dot on the left :)

edit - still have to say I prefer the original compostion -

Last edited:
I kept missing that darn spot....how about now....thanks for the input

IMG_02782.jpg

Most reactions

Back