Would you

slat

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Would you buy a demo lens and add a 2 year warranty and save $68 or buy new and get a 6 year warranty?

Would you buy a demo lens and add a 2 year warranty and save $68 or buy new and get a 6 year warranty?

Much of the decision depends on the price of the lens in question. Are we talking about a 2-year warranty for a $199 lens? Or a 2-year warranty for a $1,999 lens?

Also: what company is selling the warranty? Is the seller a reliable,established photo dealer? Or a new and untested on-line seller with little in the way of a reputation?

A demo lens should be a lens that never left the store. A six-year warranty? Is the lens a Nikkor?

2 year for a $700 lens. The warranty is sold by Adorama. The lens is a Tamron.

For $68 savings on a $700 lens I would go with new over demo.

Anything less than 25% savings it's almost never worth getting a demo,
Yes it may be perfect but I've watched people drop a $6k 300mm f2.8 in the store.

Anything less than 25% savings it's almost never worth getting a demo,
Yes it may be perfect but I've watched people drop a $6k 300mm f2.8 in the store.

Do the have to buy it then, under the break it own scheme ?

Not necessarily.
That would be regionally dependent. Here the business insurance is expected to pay for it so there is no you broke it you buy it type of law.

Besides saving $70 and losing 4 years of warranty doesn't add up.

I would _definitely_ buy new, and get the six-year warranty from Tamron,USA. The savings of $68 on a $700 lens in no way outweighs the loss of the warranty period of a full six years on new, Tamron, USA gear. Make sure the lens you are buying is USA-warrantied, and not grey market; Adorama sells both types of equipment.

Last edited:
$68.00 savings umm thats like snack change during the week.LOL

Most reactions

New Topics

Back