WOW Nikon D810

She didn't have to be rude, but you should not have felt like you were screwing her over either. Clearly she wanted to get rid of stuff and the dollar value was not her concern.

Duuuuude--you just scored! Big-time score!

"Goooooooooaaaaallllll! Goooooaaaaaallllllll!"

one man's divorce is another man's treasure.

What are you going to do with the 10-24 lens? I guess you could sell that, or trade it in as well … it's a DX lens, so if you want an ultra-wide-angle lens for the D810 you'd be better served by a 16-35mm f/4, for example.

Whow !

I love my D610, but this is basically an upgrade :) I do see a difference in quality with it against my D610, more so in higher ISO, I can take a pic with the 810 at 800 ISO and get the same quality as the D610 at 400 very close any way
Hmm.

I doubt thats actually true, the D810 isnt much of a high ISO camera.

The advantage in High ISO you'll get is that 12800 is still a native ISO and that you can raise ISO up to 50k.

Also, the AF of the D810 is better in every respect - more coverage, faster, more af points, and more lowlight reserves.

But sheer High ISO is probably not as good as on the D600.

What are you going to do with the 10-24 lens?
For 150$ its still a steal.

I'd love to stumble into a deal like that, nice.

For 150$ its still a steal.
Absolutely, I didn't mean it in a cynical way. He can actually make a profit by selling it at the more common used prices.

Absolutely, I didn't mean it in a cynical way. He can actually make a profit by selling it at the more common used prices.
I didnt thought you would be cynical.

I just think:

(a) It might be another one of those DX zooms that can actually be used nicely on FX for at least part of the range.

(b) A person that rarely needs wide angle might use that DX zoom in DX mode for those rare occasions.

(c) Also, the OP could get his money back by simply selling that zoom for the actual value.

Dang, nice score. Wish I could stumble into deals like that!

I would enjoy some pictures of the soldering process. Until then I believe that your name is "Advanced Photo" or "Desert Rose" and you have been banned from this forum in multiple identitties although you are a great story teller. You remember the thing about shooting people's property from the air?

I would enjoy some pictures of the soldering process. Until then I believe that your name is "Advanced Photo" or "Desert Rose" and you have been banned from this forum in multiple identitties although you are a great story teller. You remember the thing about shooting people's property from the air?
Am I missing something?

i'm not avanced photo or desert rose,. have no idea who that is, i'm sure the people who run this site can check IP addresses and locations.. :/

what is this about shooting people from the air?? LOL\
Wow another paranoid person..

It must be embarrassing to be way off..
And they use you as a support person?
Did you ever look up the meaning of the title??

Last edited:
Rule #1 - Never put a price on someone else's merchandise. There are two sides to the "Caveat"; "emptor" (buyer) and "vendor" (seller). Bartering, whether with wares or money, is all about perceived value to both parties.

Your transaction is as old as commerce itself. The hunter/gatherer societies traded things like seeds, fish, and meat, for planting tools, spear points, and fish hooks. Your trade of $500 for three "wares" by another party, isn't about parity. You both received great perceived value.

You were definitely meant to have that gear.

I would like to see your soldering skills as well and your identitties :). Great haul by the way, I never did congratulate you

Most reactions

Back