What's new

WTB: CANON 85MM 1.8

gnod

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 8, 2011
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Location
nyc
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
looking for an original owner's copy, purchased in less than 1 year, with original box, accessories and receipt.

pm me if you got one.
 
Why not just buy a new one lol.
 
Why not just buy a new one lol.

i'm sorry am i asking for too much? and if so how does your comment communicate that? are you trying to be funny by ridiculing what i'm looking for? I really dislike unnecessary, unhelpful comments and greatly appreciate if you keep your opinions to yourself. ok?
 
I think what he's trying to say is that if you find a lens used under those conditions the seller will be selling it for close to what it costs to just buy new.

If I was the seller I know I'd be asking close to NIB prices.
 
understood. but is it against the forum policy to request that?
obviously not, so i dont understand what the comment was really for?

I think what he's trying to say is that if you find a lens used under those conditions the seller will be selling it for close to what it costs to just buy new.

If I was the seller I know I'd be asking close to NIB prices.
 
No its not against policy (afaik). But if you are paying close to new prices Me and Rex would both probably just prefer a new lens.
 
ok but those are opinions of you and rex which i can respect but how does rex's comment add value to this thread?
i'm obviously not trying to argue with you but clearly point out that it was a stupid needless comment. granted, i dont perceive value the same way that you or rex does, but does that warranty his sly, ridiculing comment?
 
lol what did you even try? to justify rex's comment?
whatever, moving on.
 
gnod said:
i'm sorry am i asking for too much? and if so how does your comment communicate that? are you trying to be funny by ridiculing what i'm looking for? I really dislike unnecessary, unhelpful comments and greatly appreciate if you keep your opinions to yourself. ok?

Well I dislike ****ty grammar but you don't see me getting all defensive.

A one year old 85mm costs about the same as a new one, and with all of the accessories, box, and receipt...well...you get all of that...when you buy the lens new...

So w/e dude. Keep being a little ass about it.
 
First of all, why did you feel the need to change your original comment of "I hope the 85mm you do get has horrible back focusing problems."? And did you just call me out on my ****ty grammar? Lol, you just went there. What a douchey comment. I bet you judge others like that right?

You just proved my point with everything I was trying to say. While I certainly did take this conversation long enough, your stupidity and lack of politeness is pretty clear. And what was I even being defensive about? I was merely trying to put you in your place.

And me? An ass? Why's that? Because I called you out on your stupidity? If you can't handle what I'm saying, think twice before you post a comment.

As far as the pricing of the camera goes, it doesn't really matter what you think the price is going to be - that doesn't help me in my search and certainly doesn't add any value to this thread.

Thanks for proving my point.

gnod said:
i'm sorry am i asking for too much? and if so how does your comment communicate that? are you trying to be funny by ridiculing what i'm looking for? I really dislike unnecessary, unhelpful comments and greatly appreciate if you keep your opinions to yourself. ok?

Well I dislike ****ty grammar but you don't see me getting all defensive.

A one year old 85mm costs about the same as a new one, and with all of the accessories, box, and receipt...well...you get all of that...when you buy the lens new...

So w/e dude. Keep being a little ass about it.
 
gnod said:
First of all, why did you feel the need to change your original comment of "I hope the 85mm you do get has horrible back focusing problems."? And did you just call me out on my ****ty grammar? Lol, you just went there. What a douchey comment. I bet you judge others like that right?

You just proved my point with everything I was trying to say. While I certainly did take this conversation long enough, your stupidity and lack of politeness is pretty clear. And what was I even being defensive about? I was merely trying to put you in your place.

And me? An ass? Why's that? Because I called you out on your stupidity? If you can't handle what I'm saying, think twice before you post a comment.

As far as the pricing of the camera goes, it doesn't really matter what you think the price is going to be - that doesn't help me in my search and certainly doesn't add any value to this thread.

Thanks for proving my point.

That wasn't a judgement. It was an ancient Wiccan curse. Ooooooooo

Mostly because I didn't want to get in trouble with mods for wishing evil onto you. And I'm not the one who started PMSing over one line of Internet text.

Also: congratulations on capital letters!

Calling people all the mean names does not lend credibility to your comments.

Actually it does help in the fact that I wasn't sure whether you knew that the prices won't be different. Maybe you didn't and our comments would have changed your mind? Obviously not but it was worth a shot, right?

And since you're getting all heated nobody will care what you're looking for, because they will be quick to argue with you instead.

Your perceived superiority is nauseating.

Another congratulations on sabotaging your own thread! Have a swell day! :)

Please go...troll(???) another forum? Honestly, I'm not sure if you are serious or not anymore lol
 
Perceived superiority? You got insecurity issues and clearly missed my point.
PMSing? Maybe, but I'm sick and tired of idiotic, unhelpful comments like yours.
Anyways, I found my lens so moving on.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom