WTB: Film spirals, rare sizes

Retro_10s

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi there. I'm trying to track down some Film spirals so that I can develop some 16mm film used in a Minolta-16 sub camera :mrgreen:

I'm having trouble finding a spiral for 16mm film, Anyone know of a stockist? Maybe something adjustable that goes from 120 down down to 16mm would be perfect if such a thing exists...

I'm in the UK, but willing to buy from anywhere in the world.:thumbup:

Thanks.

Just an idea off the top of my head: try on some Bolex/cine forums. Some of those peeps may be able to help you also.

Hi there. I'm trying to track down some Film spirals so that I can develop some 16mm film used in a Minolta-16 sub camera :mrgreen:

I'm having trouble finding a spiral for 16mm film, Anyone know of a stockist? Maybe something adjustable that goes from 120 down down to 16mm would be perfect if such a thing exists...

I'm in the UK, but willing to buy from anywhere in the world.:thumbup:

Thanks.

I can't think of any that are currently made. Nikor (no relation to Nikon and their Nikkor lenses) made on that fits standard stainless steel tanks. Their reel had a spiral track on one side and a flat plate on the other making them compatible with the later Minolta 16 camera that shot a larger image, spaning the unsprocketed edge, and with 110 film. These reels require a good degree of skill to load.

There were earlier ones with a double spiral. These are a poor choice for the later Minolta-16 cameras and 110 film as part of the image area is in the spiral and will frequently show developing flaws as a result.

Most of the tanks and reels for processing 16mm film were made in the '50s and '60s. A few survived into the 110 film days, but most were gone by the early to mid 70's. Most used conventional reels, but some wound the film emulsion side out on a drum with a 16mm wide spiral track around the outside.

Found one, made by JOBO. Great little thing it is too, for 16mm and 110... - and all the sweeter when i Won it on Ebay for £3.60 delivered.

thanks for the advice guys.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back