WTB - Nikkor 105 f/2.8 AF Micro

clbd39

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know it's a long shot sometimes, I see them pop up quite a bit, but I usually JUST miss the purchase. Since I've seen them on here so often, I know the average asking price, so feel free to PM me with what you have.

Some of the questions I'll have (so please include in the PM) are...

1) Asking price (Shipped, paypal'd, to my door)
2) Original purchase date (from the store as well as when you bought it if it's 2nd, 3rd, 4th hand)
3) Condition based on bhphoto or adorama scale.
4) Any scratches, fungus, blemishes, anything at all wrong (Be honest, sometimes a little scratch doesn't matter)
5) Why you are selling the lens
6) Any examples from a d40 or d80 (if not some other examples)
7) Do you have the original box? carrying bag? Caps? Hood? Anything else?

Thanks
-Christian

I'm not necessarily looking for the VR version, but if the price is right I'll consider it

An "AF MICRO LENS" would be difficult to find may be a MACRO lens would be easier.

That's what it's called, please do your research before posting

Check FredMiranda.com. I see those posted for sale frequently.

I know that is how they are called, but micro is the word nikon used for macro, I just thought that a macro lens would be easier to find, I am sorry if you felt offended in any way I just do not know why.

Check FredMiranda.com. I see those posted for sale frequently.

Yea I checked on there, haven't been any in quite some time, plenty of VR's but those are pricey, but I believe I found one from a member
On nikon cafe ( he's on here as well I believe)

I know that is how they are called, but micro is the word nikon used for macro, I just thought that a macro lens would be easier to find, I am sorry if you felt offended in any way I just do not know why.

Not offended, however calling the lens by its proper name will render better results

Not offended, however calling the lens by its proper name will render better results

+1

Its a great lens, totally worth the money. I have the non VR version and i use it ALL the time. Super sharp, Super beautiful colors. Just a great lens. Here's a shot taken with it.

hangingflowers.jpg

+1

Its a great lens, totally worth the money. I have the non VR version and i use it ALL the time. Super sharp, Super beautiful colors. Just a great lens.

I'll second that. I have the AF-D (VR's predecessor), and it is one of the sharpest macro lenses I have ever used.

IMO, the VR version is not worth the extra money, since the closer you get to 1:1, the less effective the VR becomes....:confused: Logic would think that it should be the other way around.

It'll be here Tuesday, dammit, you all are making me anxious lol

Macro is like opening a whole new world, I may order a reverse ring from bh on Monday as well for some ultra closeups :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back