WTB: Nikon DSLR

thejosey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Greetings everybody! This is my first post here on the forum and I figured what better way to begin my stint here than by posting about money I want to spend that I don't have haha. Anyway, I'm relatively new to the world of photography and I'm wanting to jump right in without spending a ton of money. I don't need anything top of the line by any means, especially since I'm a novice. I'm a Police Officer and I've taken some photography classes relevant to my job and have used one of my department's cameras (Nikon D5100) and found it relatively user friendly for a beginner. I'm not a megapixel hog, especially seeing as I'm only going to be shooting as a hobby for the time being (I also know that MP's don't really deal with image quality until you start printing large photographs). So seeing as my only experience with a DSLR camera has been with the D5100, I'd like to buy one of those or something close to that model. Again, I'm not too picky, just as long as the camera can shoot in camera raw and I'd prefer video quality up to 1080p if possible.

I'm getting married this fall, so I'd like to get a camera relatively soon for the honeymoon. Having said that, I don't have a huge amount of money to spend since I'm paying for a wedding (also being a Cop sucks when it comes to my paycheck haha). I'm not going to lowball anybody, but a decent camera with a kit lens will do me just fine as long as it's within a decent price range.

Thanks in advance to anybody who views and replies. I live in North Carolina and don't mind paying for shipping as long as it's worth it to me.

Thanks again!

There are some highly reputable online sellers of used camera gear that have very fair return policies and I think 1 even includes a 6 month warranty (KEH).
KEH.com
Adorama.com • Used department
BHPhoto.com • Used department

I have bought used gear from KEH several times over the years and have never been disappointed.
I have also bought used gear through Amazon.com - from both private sellers and brick and mortar photography equipment stores. The last seller I bought from on Amazon.com was a business in Korea. Shipping was included in the low price ($325) of the lens I bought (Nikon AF 4-85 mm f/2.8-4D), and I had the lens in just 5 days.

Thanks for the information! I appreciate it

Can a mod close this thread? I ran across some extra cash and bought a D5100 today!

Congrats! Look forward to seeing some pics in the galleries

Most reactions

Back