WTB: Pentax M42 and Hot Shoe

magkelly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm covered with the Pentax SP1 lenses I have in so far as going from some macro work to doing portraits, and both lenses are Takumar which I understand is really nice, but I'm thinking I also need a 200MM or a 300 MM maybe so I can some things where I need a little more distance.

I've been looking at the Super Takumars on auction and I am pretty sure I cannot really afford the ST ones in that MM range, not for a long while anyway, but I don't know much about lens quality otherwise. I'm kind of worried that I might pick a dud lens just because it's cheap.

I've got 105MM, so 135MM seems pretty close to what I've already got, just a bit better. I am thinking I want to step up a bit to 200 or maybe a 300 MM? I don't think I need more than that. I'm not really planning on shooting the Super Bowl up close from nose bleed seats or anything.

I am looking for some cheap glass, but a decent lens, nothing too horrid. Anyone got anything M42 that's not quite as expensive as the Takumar but that's still a respectable zoom lens for a serious student? I'll probably take this one back to school with me and also convert and use the lenses when I get my Pentax DSLR too eventually so I don't want to end up with a complete clunker of a lens.

Also I need a used clip on hot shoe attachment and I don't particularly want to pay $16 for one. There's a few much cheaper on Ebay but I don't know who to buy from there or if a generic would work or not so I thought I'd ask here first and see if anyone here has any non-working Pentax SP they're using for stray parts?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back