What's new

WTB Tokina 11-16 f/2.8 (non VR, VC..whatever they call it) Canon

Pallycow

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 16, 2012
Messages
1,697
Reaction score
520
Location
United States
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just got an awesome donation in today...so once I get it cashed I'll be purchasing my ultra-wide fun lens. Wanted to see if anyone here was thinking of parting with theirs before I shop elsewhere online.

Thanks.
 
You should look at the Canon ef-s 10-22mm, IMO king of UWA for Canon Crop. (Also, the most expensive).

Exactly why I am going with the Tokina. I would love the Canon, but it's just too pricey..my donation was not that large, lol. Enough to get the Tokina and a flash though. I need the 580 EX II as well. I guess I should post up for one of those too. lol I think I got a local guy with one for 300 though.
 
adorama has one for 550 used...Canon EF-s 10-22 Think I should go for that vs a Tokina?

I really was attraced to the 2.8 of the Tokina...as well as sharpness, but Canon has better distortion handling/quality. So I'm on the fence now. THanks. lol
 
adorama has one for 550 used...Canon EF-s 10-22 Think I should go for that vs a Tokina?

I really was attraced to the 2.8 of the Tokina...as well as sharpness, but Canon has better distortion handling/quality. So I'm on the fence now. THanks. lol

550 is what I paid, used.

Yes, why not? You get an extra millimeter on the wide end, an extra 6 on the long end. It's effectively a 16-35 equivalent. Which is a very USEFUL focal range. The tokina, although fast, has a LIMITING focal range.

I shoot off a tripod most of the time, so speed of the glass didn't matter. Depends on how much speed means to you, because in every other category the 10-22 is King of the Hill for Canon crop UWA.
 
Ultimately I believe I'll be using it more outdoors than in, just currenly I want it for indoors, night club/band shooting fun. So over the long run....when I am honest with myself, the fast lens is not as important.

Good call, thanks for taking off my blinders.
 
Err....Cancel the request for Tokina....um...anyone got a Canon to sell? lol
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom