WTB X-Rite Colormunki PHOTO color calibration **FOUND**

St3phaniex3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am looking for the colormunki photo color calibration system for pretty cheap. I need one for school. I am looking to spend less than $300.

I use a colormunki display and picked it up new on ebay for about $150

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I use a colormunki display and picked it up new on ebay for about $150

Does it calibrate printers as well as the monitor?

Not sure. Your best bet would be to figure out which model you need and look on ebay or Amazon

To profile a printer you need a ColorMunki Photo (spectrophotometer).
They don't depreciate in price very fast. A good used one will cost you about $350 - $375, if you can find one.
X-Rite ColorMunki Photo

The $150 ColorMunki Display is a colorimeter, and cannot profile a printer.
X-Rite ColorMunki Display

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
To profile a printer you need a ColorMunki Photo (spectrophotometer).
They don't depreciate in price very fast. A good used one will cost you about $350 - $375, if you can find one.
X-Rite ColorMunki Photo

The $150 ColorMunki Display is a colorimeter, and cannot profile a printer.
X-Rite ColorMunki Display

i saw them go for as low as $200 on ebay but unfortunately now that i have the money to purchase one i haven't found deals that good

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I just use a spectroscope and do all the calculations myself. It takes about a month to complete, but I feel satisfied.

I just use a spectroscope and do all the calculations myself. It takes about a month to complete, but I feel satisfied.

goodness you have patience lol.

The colormunki photo was what my school wanted me to purchase but after doing some reading I think I just need to calibrate my monitor and match it to my printer. My printer (Canon Pixma Pro- 100) seems to print a little darker than what is displayed on my monitor. I have already adjusted the brightness pretty low and it still prints darker than the monitor displays. I don't know if I need to fix something with my printer or if I should lower my brightness more.

LOL. It was a joke. Could you even imagine!

Do keep in mind that your print will never look exactly like what is on the screen, it's physically impossible really. Are you using Photoshop's soft proofing?

LOL. It was a joke. Could you even imagine!

Do keep in mind that your print will never look exactly like what is on the screen, it's physically impossible really. Are you using Photoshop's soft proofing?

lol ohh ok hahah a little slow here. I barely use Photoshop. I mainly just do minor adjustments in lightroom. Honestly don't know how to do much in Photoshop it's pretty confusing to me.

I just did it in lightroom and it worked!! My monitor does need to be calibrated (I'm assuming) the print came out a little more reddish than the monitor but the lightness matched!

I just talked to my school the other day and they told me that I HAD TO get the Colormunki Photo and that they will not accept any other kind. Kind of ridiculous but what can I do? So I'm still looking! If anyone has one for sale or has seen some around $300 or less PLEASE let me know!!

Most reactions

Back