What's new

WTS: Nikon 18-70mm lens & SB-600 (Rough Cosmetic Condition) - $110 each + Shipping

NikonRookie

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 16, 2010
Messages
123
Reaction score
5
Location
Maine
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a used 18-70mm AF-S lens, very sharp, and very fast autofocus. Considered one of Nikon's better kit lenses. I plan on getting myself another 16-85 VR, so I have no use for the 18-70. This one is in good condition, with some minor cosmetic blemishes. Some slight dust below the front glass, but doesn't affect image quality. Asking $110 + $5 shipping


. by HKnut, on Flickr


. by HKnut, on Flickr


. by HKnut, on Flickr


. by HKnut, on Flickr
 
Last edited:
Bump. Good lens for little money.

Would take a 50mm 1.8d in trade
 
How is the 18-70 vs. the 18-55? I've read the 18-70 has more barrel distortion at 18mm? I'm not sure if that would bother me enough though. Being that the 18-55 is my only lens, I think having a little more range would be useful.
 
How is the 18-70 vs. the 18-55? I've read the 18-70 has more barrel distortion at 18mm? I'm not sure if that would bother me enough though. Being that the 18-55 is my only lens, I think having a little more range would be useful.

amej8,

I don't think the 18-70 has worse distortion than the 18-55, but I could be wrong. The only complaint I have heard about this lens is vignetting......but the same is true for the 18-55. It has great optics otherwise. Generally sharper, and faster auto focus than the 18-55 and this lens has a max. aperture of 4.5 at 70mm oppossed to 5.6 on the 18-55 at 55mm. If the extra 15 mm on the long end would help, than you can't go wrong stepping up into an 18-70 over the 18-55 as far as image quality is concerned.

Thom Hogan Review:

18-70mm AF-S DX Lens Review by Thom Hogan
 
Thanks for the input. I'd really like to see if I can get the funds to pick it up. I'll let you know as soon as I can.
 
18-70 still for sale @ $110 + shipping
 
18-70 is a GREAT lens for the money.
 
18-70 is a GREAT lens for the money.

Agreed, this is about the best AFS zoom lens you can buy for $110. Really good IQ, fast auto focus, and a max aperture of 4.5 at the long end.

Finally got some photos up. Please no low ball offers. $110 is very fair for this lens.

Thanks
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom