WWII reenactment shoot

RDTague_Studios

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.rdtaguestudios.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a few from a recent shoot. The guy is very big into WWII reenacting and wanted photo's to send to friends overseas who are into the same, as well as use for his portfolio. He wanted that "1944 France" look, so we shot these on a dreary, misty day...hence the gray/dead sky. He also wanted them to have the feel of the time period, so while they are not high quality black and whites, that's the look I was after while converting them to B&W, with grain and such. They are shot at an old Ordnance plant that was in operation during WWII. C-C's welcomed.

6646868_orig.jpg

365696_orig.jpg

9041921_orig.jpg

6400626_orig.jpg

3702050_orig.jpg

360892_orig.jpg

9828599_orig.jpg

7178888_orig.jpg

This one is real...no PS! He wanted a shot with the clip popping out and as it turned out, the 9th round AND clip can be seen.

RT

RDTague Studios.com

Illinois Photographer.net

Last edited:
BTW number your photos will help a great deal for your viewers and you during CC.

The coloured treatment images aren't too convincing. But the BW conversions, those took me back a few decades. My favorite is #1(too bad his rifle wasn't framed all the way) and #6. Good stuff.

I think these are great. I agree on 1 and 6.

Neat! My Fiance does WWII reenacting as well and I sometimes dress up for public events. Love the photos.

Man.. I would love to shoot this.

I personally would play more with the editing. Add grain to your photo to make it look older. Adding a cigarette would be a nice touch too.

Man.. I would love to shoot this.

I personally would play more with the editing. Add grain to your photo to make it look older. Adding a cigarette would be a nice touch too.

I did add grain to them, but it doesn't show much on the uploaded photo's. I was surprised on the amount of grain when I had the print(s) in hand. I agree on the cigarette, in fact, he mentioned he wished he would have bought a pack for the photo shoot.

I mentioned hiring out make-up, but he didn't want to go the extra cash. I think that would have added a ton.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back