XF56mm f1.2 Gets the Thumbs Up

Great shot! Why did you decide on the f1.2 over the f2? I've seen debates on a Fuji Facebook page and really couldn't tell which one came out ahead.

Thanks Cheyrl, as I`m still learning with it I was just trying it at f1.2 for the day, but when it goes back on the X-T3 I will stay at about f2.

I owned for a spell. It is a fine lens, it isolates the subject very well, even stopped down some. However, I found it to be the hardest lens to use in the fuji lineup. Once I started using it in manual focus, I was getting the results I needed. It missed focus a lot in AF. I moved on. It may be slightly better on the XT3 I suppose.

Great image of an interesting character.

I hear the 1.2 is significantly quicker to focus on the X-T3.

I owned for a spell. It is a fine lens, it isolates the subject very well, even stopped down some. However, I found it to be the hardest lens to use in the fuji lineup. Once I started using it in manual focus, I was getting the results I needed. It missed focus a lot in AF. I moved on. It may be slightly better on the XT3 I suppose.

Thank you JC and yes it can be hard to nail the focus as I have found out, on the X-T3 it seems to be pretty quick.

Great image of an interesting character.

I hear the 1.2 is significantly quicker to focus on the X-T3.

Thank you, yes it is quick on either of X-T3s, and with the next firmware update it will be quicker.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back