I am the Lord thy Mod
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
ah yes...posing a special needs child is always a challenge. and his hair needs a trim.
taken in front of a small xmas tree we had outside at night. I wanted to use mostly ambient light from the tree and some other xmas lights, and I did not want to hit him with the flash...the red hue is from a red yard light, and apparently, the lights around the house are on an "all or nothing" switch... I wanted this picture a little darker, and not all "brightly lit", thus the attempt at not using direct flash. I DID bounce a little flash off the porch ceiling, but not much. he does not like seeing the flash go off, and this was going to be a one shot deal since his patience level is short.
it is cropped tight because of some assistance in holding him upright and somewhat still.

View attachment 28710

Looks to me like you got nice and sharp eyes. I'm not feeling the red light so much, but he looks very happy and the bokeh is nice too.

Well how precious is he! You did very well for having one shot at it, you captured him wonderfully :)

The colours are a little rough, especially with that red light on camera left, did you consider trying this in B&W? I know Christmas is normally translated with colours but I think this still stands up well converted because of his shirt and the lights in the background. I did an uber quick and dirty conversion by desaturating the jpeg and I think it is a great candidate!

yea..I wish i could have just stomped that red light before i took the picture. I may try again at some point and just take the bulb out of the red one.

Most reactions

Back