xsi and 1d mark ii question

canon_kid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
was thinking of selling my xsi to get the 1d mark ii, now i notice their is a sensor size difference and a frames per second difference and body difference as well as mega pixel difference.

would you consider going from an xsi to that older 1d an up or down grade or would i be on the same playing field and it not be worth the time to sell ? would i notice a difference in image quality or would it be roughly the same ?

1d Mii is still a very capable camera... there's more to it than just the sensor. Its AF and metering is still superior to the XSI.. so in those regards its still a upgrade.

I"m afraid you are looking for a simple answer which doesn't apply. You also didn't note what you plan to shoot.... which is by all regard the only reason to buy anything.

was thinking of selling my xsi to get the 1d mark ii, now i notice their is a sensor size difference and a frames per second difference and body difference as well as mega pixel difference.
Why were you thinking of upgrading to that camera BEFORE you noticed the differences? Those differences are why you (or anyone) would do it.

Not having used either camera, I can't really judge the image quality and that's a tough question because image quality is (for the most part) improving with every generation of cameras. So a newer camera will often outperform an older one.

But the pro level 1D is surely better in every other way.

i mainly shoot landscapes/cityscapes and every once in a while i will go to a dirtbike or atv race

I"m afraid you are looking for a simple answer which doesn't apply. You also didn't note what you plan to shoot.... which is by all regard the only reason to buy anything.

iam actually just looking for answers simple or not simple it dont matter any answer (as long as its on topic) will work

my main concern is simply this, if you had a 1dm2 and xsi side by side, would the 1dm2 feel "old" compared to the 1dm2 ? would it feel and seem "out of date" ?

the xsi has more mega pixels then 1dm2 would i notice that in the images ? my camera guys says no because the 1dm2 has a bigger sensor thus it stores bigger mega pixels.

also when flipping threw the cameras settings between 1dm2 and xsi would the 1dm2 seem older or outdated ?

In all honesty, if you are asking questions like "would I see a difference with the megapixels", my overall answer would be that if you are holding the two cameras, you would not see a difference in your every day usage.

also when flipping threw the cameras settings between 1dm2 and xsi would the 1dm2 seem older or outdated ?

Depends on how you shoot... do you routinely change your metering mode or always in the same? Do you always do a center/recompose when focusing? Use auto focus?
They both run, as all cameras, with aperture and shutter to make the picture. You wouldnt notice a difference with the other settings really

In all honesty, if you are asking questions like "would I see a difference with the megapixels", my overall answer would be that if you are holding the two cameras, you would not see a difference in your every day usage.

Depends on how you shoot... do you routinely change your metering mode or always in the same? Do you always do a center/recompose when focusing? Use auto focus?
They both run, as all cameras, with aperture and shutter to make the picture. You wouldnt notice a difference with the other settings really

in short yes, i do go threw the settings change the metering modes, use the custom functions alot, mirror lock up all that, I am always trying new things.

dang that sux no live view, i use that alot as well

Most reactions

New Topics

Back