Yachats, OR

I see you shot this at 12mm, but it doesn't look very wide for some reason. Perhaps because you're not low enough?
I don't find this to be a pleasant subject, but I think this might make a more interesting shot in B&W.
More of the pebbles in the foreground I think would have helped as well. It looks a bit cut off to me on the bottom.

yep. yachats.

the place we never got to.

I see you shot this at 12mm, but it doesn't look very wide for some reason. Perhaps because you're not low enough?
I don't find this to be a pleasant subject, but I think this might make a more interesting shot in B&W.
More of the pebbles in the foreground I think would have helped as well. It looks a bit cut off to me on the bottom.

Sleist thanks. Fair feedback! You're right, a few more foreground pebbles would've been nice to give the bottom of the frame more room. I do like the strange blues and greens of the image, which is why I kept it in color. I wonder what it would look like in BW.

yep. yachats.

the place we never got to.

Hmmm, who's we? I'm missing some back story here ;)

lol. you are.

my now wife and I planned to hike up the Oregon coast from Florence to Yachats ... in May. After three days of hiking, never finding the trail, thinking we must have traveled at least 10 miles and her foot badly infected, we gave up, went back to the road thinking we'd hitch a ride only to discover we were only TWO MILES from where we started!

Caught the train to Portland where we finished up our adventure smoking weed under the Burnside bridge for a month or two before continuing on to the Rainbow Gathering.

Ahh the spirit of the free soul.

Anyway, now we parody spongebob whenever we hear Yachats.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Back