What's new

Yacht Racing... (Dry Lake)

LarryD

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 6, 2009
Messages
614
Reaction score
3
Location
Mojave Desert
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
There isn't a lot of water in the Desert, let alone Lakes.... So, the guys do what they can do.

With the blowing sand, heat thermals, and distances (the lakes are a mile or more across) getting decent photography is a challenge..

A long 500mm would have been nice........... But I did get by with a 70-200 and 1.4TC.

At the Starting Line:
1Startingline.jpg


Into the back stretch:
2BackStretch.jpg


At the far end:
3farend.jpg


The Final Turn:
3HomeTurn.jpg


Trying For Position:
4Positioning.jpg


Final Stretch:
5FinalStretch.jpg


Last Pylon:
6LastPylon.jpg


Last Place:
7DeadLast.jpg


Whew......... I'm tired just watching..........

...............
 
Neat shots Larry. I always wanted to try that. Where did you shoot these? (I'm trying to place the ridge behind the lake)

Marc
 
These were shot yesterdy (March 30) at Ivanpah Dry Lake on the Nevada/California Border.
 
I knew it looked familiar! They used to do the America's Cup for landsailers up there.

Marc
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom