yahoo messenger

photong

Typo Queen
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I logged on this morning to the Yahoo! Messenger thingie. Which I rarely talk on.

I get a message (I was offline at the time) from the user 'ychat_complaint_dept_jy'.

They said:

[09:17] ychat_complaint_dept_jy:
Hi, angela_roy I work for Yahoo-Inc. The Yahoo! abuse department has received multiple complaints concerning your account. This constitutes a violation of our Terms of Service Agreement. You must respond to the following complaints to keep your account from being deactivated.
http://eur.rd.yahoo.com/login/ym/?http://42.pl/url/eCO [Offline Message (Thu Nov 03 21:20:20 2005)]

Is this fishy? Of course I didn't go to the URL. It doesn't look like the greatest URL especially since in the URL (but not when I copy and pasted it here) there are boxes (one of those alt characters).

Has anyone else got this?

hard to say. i know there has been a recent scare regarding AIM and viruses...this may be similar. is there another way to contact yahoo to see if this is legit?

I sent a message. Who knows if they'll respond.

I know about the AIM one. I almost got it. Luckily I don't open URLs unless I know what it is first.

It seems fishy to me!

photong said:
I sent a message. Who knows if they'll respond.

I know about the AIM one. I almost got it. Luckily I don't open URLs unless I know what it is first.

smart ;)

You know what. I am smart.

It's been all day. No response yet. Ebay is faster than this.

Grr. all they sent me today was instructions on how to ignore the user. :(

and i found in my inbox one of thse failure delevery notices to some one, a paypal thing that I did not send.

For a while now I've been getting Ebay stuff for things I did not sell or buy. And it's not my user rname or name either. Like someone put their email for their account address as mine. i think it's different users every time. sometimes its the same item. and these items are real. true item numbers. And I send them to Ebay, and they say they're fake. :/

so i changed my password again just incase. and the one on my ebay account.

I'm sure it's gotta be a phising scam. All that link will do (if it even works) is redirect you to the site htt?p://42.pl/url/eCO, which takes you to another site that looks like the yahoo login page. But it's not. Notice the URL, it's at some 4t.com address, and not Yahoo. I'm sure it's all to trick you into giving up your yahoo login and password to scammers. And if you respond to the IM it will probably just inform the spamming bot that your screenname is valid so they can send you more spam. I would never expect a large company like Yahoo to address you in this way by sending an IM to you rather than an e-mail or some other communication.

see i had the same thought about the IM. thanks max. it makes lotsa sence. i noticed that url. just wanted to make sure and see if anyone else got it.

Most reactions

Back