Yard Birds For C&C Please

One Sister

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Haven't taken my new lens out of the yard yet...don't know what's stopping me except that I think I still need to sort out the strengths and weaknesses of it. Please view and critique. Thanks.

#1 - A baby waiting for brunch
BirdOnFence.jpg

#2 - This guy had been busy feeding his new baby but stopped to pose for me
MaleCardinal.jpg

#3 - And of course no backyard excursion is complete without one of these guys
chickadee.jpg

Very nice!
I really like the angles you are getting on these birds, as well as the eye contact!
The first could do with a little less green in it - it might just be me but it looks a little overgreen (esp on the bird)
Also are these 100% crops? (a direct crop without resizing off the original shot)

These are really good. Great poses they gave you.

Nice! I like them all!

Thanks!

Great Captures

Thank you.

Very nice!
The first could do with a little less green in it - it might just be me but it looks a little overgreen (esp on the bird)
Also are these 100% crops? (a direct crop without resizing off the original shot)

I did bump up the saturation a little in PS on the first one. The first and third one were shot at ISO 800. #2 was shot at ISO 1600. Yes, these are 100% crops.

These are really good. Great poses they gave you.

The birds do seem to be wondering what the heck I'm doing. Thanks for your comments.

Thanks, Miaow.

I kind of like the first one saturated the way it is. The little fella does have those colors, I just bumped them slightly. We think he's a Blue Bird baby, as he just flew from the nest a few feet away. Anyone else have an opinion about it?

Edit: Nope, he's not a Blue Bird but a Blue Jay...in any case blue.

Most reactions

Back