Yard Sale Scores

Tiller

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I thought it would be a cool idea to have a thread where we list ALL our yard sale scores. Not just photo stuff.

You must list:

- What you bought
- How much it cost
- PICTURES!!
- why you bought it (optional)

I'll start from today when I went with my fiance :D

From left to right.....

1 - Swiss computer case: $2. I needed one, and this was the perfect size. Good quality!

2 - My favorite thing I bought today. It was an old woman and she was selling all her artwork. This is an original oil painting that was painted by her father in WW2. I felt bad buying it because its such a sentimental piece, but its an awesome painting. $6. ($1 for the painting, $5 for the frame that another painting came in.)

3 - Children's books. My finance is a 1st grade teacher so she buys all the stuff she can find. $2 ($.25 per book)

4 - Picnic Basket. Because picnics are cool. $10

5 - Camera bag. I wanted an over the shoulder bag for my dslr. $5

6 - Saris bike rack. I wanted a bike rack, but didn't want to spend a lot. Great find IMO :D

Now it's your turn! Let's see your yard sale hauls!

Attachments

• $image-816905093.jpg
    $image-816905093.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 101
  • $image-3032659026.jpg
    $image-3032659026.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
No yard salers on here?

Yard Sales and Garage Sales are unofficial and ineffective wealth redistribution schemes. You go get stuff from someone's garage and store it in yours for a while. Then you have a sale of your own and pass the stuff on. The small sums of money involved are just to sort of legitimize the whole thing in our own minds. In the end there has been no net redistribution of wealth or goods.

Anyway - just the opinion of the husband of a wife addicted to the process.:)

Last edited:
I once scored a cuckoo clock for like $15. An internet search valued it at over $300 (BLACK FOREST IMPORTS, INC -), but he best was the day after I passed on a garage sale they had all the remaining stuff in the ally for trash pick up. They were apparently giving up on running an in-home frame shop, so I scored on a box of probably 100+ full-size sheets of mat board in various colors that I hadn't noticed the day before.

My wife, myself and my daughter love yard sales.

Where I grew up, the first Sunday in May is garage sale day and just about everyone has something for sale. I used to love it when I was younger but unfortunately I am never around that time of year anymore. I'm sure there would be some great finds.

My parents found a $300 kids electric jeep for $50. Cost another $30 for the battery.

I just wanted to give a quick update. The picture that came in the frame, the one I didn't want, is called The Scotch Gamekeeper. Apparantly, someone is selling a copy of it on amazon for about $350 :O

I just wanted to give a quick update. The picture that came in the frame, the one I didn't want, is called The Scotch Gamekeeper. Apparantly, someone is selling a copy of it on amazon for about $350 :O

Selling, or sold? Huge difference! Asking $350 in a BIN listing and getting $350...........

Most reactions

New Topics

Back