Yashica Mat 124G -- For Sale

Rob

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ukphotographs.com
For sale is my beloved Yashica Mat 124G. It's a splendid, reliable TLR and a great way to learn about true medium format photography.

y4.jpg

Included in the sale are the camera, original manual and a roll of Ilford Delta B&W film, still plenty within date and stored correctly - everything you need to go out and shoot!!

The camera is in as-new condition with no marks, fungus, dings, body damage or any kind of problem whatsoever. I am the second owner and it was originally bought as a backup camera and was never used. I have put perhaps ten rolls of film through it, and can confirm that it works absolutely perfectly with no problems whatsoever.

The camera has a waist level finder, silent operation and is extremely quiet in operation - no mirror slap. It works perfectly at all speeds and apertures. The in-built light meter works perfectly.

y1.jpg

The viewing lens is the Yashinon f2.8 80mm and the taking lens is the Yashinon 80mm f3.5. It can even shoot at f32 for ultra-sharp landscapes!!

Shutter speeds go from bulb through to 1/500th and ISO from 25 to 400.

y3.jpg

The camera is as-new and completely clean with no defects. It has been lovingly looked after. This is a picture of the inside of the camera and as you can see it is 6x6 on 120 roll film.

y2.jpg

This is a picture of the viewfinder, which is very easy to use. It even has a fine focus magnifier to get your shots extra-sharp. On the top you can see the fully working light meter.

This is a great little camera, compact for a 6x6 medium format, ultra-reliable, very well made with great optics. It also benefits from a manual flash shoe and tripod mount.

I really want this camera to go to a good home, so I'm selling it for a bargain £79 + P&P. ($137 or 114 eur). This is the best condition 124G you'll see anywhere - satisfaction guaranteed!

If you are interested, please PM or reply in thread.

Thanks!!

Rob

Chaps and chapesses, there's a lot of you interested!

Probably the only fair way to do this is with some bids here and arranging to meet in London, as I'm only in Bromley, so can deliver to you directly.

Ok, starting at fifty quid, all in, collection in London, who's up for it?

Rob

Hi Rob,

If Duncan doesn't want it I can offer you 50 quid, in used notes. I can pick it up from you in central london (cant get the cash together until wednesday 31st tho, but you can put me down for a definite).

Cheers,

Mohain

so whats the latest offer?...... im kinda interested..... but i cant get to london for the pick up. :mrgreen:

The "bidding" is quite high at the moment. PM me your best offer if you are interested, I'll rank them by amount and the winner wins. If the winner drops out, then second place... etc.

I'm going to keep the amounts anonymous, as I don't want to start a bidding war between TPF friends!! :) Think of a fair amount for this camera, look on second hand camera sites - there's one on Ffordes for £159 at the moment in less good condition with no free film and no manual. Obviously you're not going to want to pay second-hand shop prices, so knock a bit off. What would you be happy with? PM me the answer!

Someone asked what the lowest shutter speed apart from B was: it is one second.

Rob

For sale is my beloved Yashica Mat 124G. It's a splendid, reliable TLR and a great way to learn about true medium format photography.

The viewing lens is the Yashinon f2.8 80mm and the taking lens is the Yashinon 80mm f3.5. It can even shoot at f32 for ultra-sharp landscapes!!

Rob

Is your camera still for sale? Please contact me by email if it is, ta.
Ian
Sorry I'm new to this, looks like medium format is back in fashion.
I think I'll leave it for now ta.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back