Ye Olde Blacksmith Shoppe

Killbill, in this case I used Nik Silver Efex to do the conversion to sepia. It also gives the faded edges as well. Its a great piece of software and the best way I know of when converting from color to B&W.

Nik Silver Efex is a wonderful piece of software and gives lots of control. The Topaz BW Effects filter is also great.

On a side note I like the one you "screwed up" best. Lol.

Beautiful work Bynx :) is that Blackcreek by chance?

No Pixel its Pickering Museum. I have shot Black Creek pretty well and have a bunch of shots. I can post if you are interested. Thanks Trevor.

Oh neat, I've never been to Pickering Museum but went to Black Creek when I was in public school thirty some odd years ago, I would love to see your shots!!
Hubby is going to Alberta for work for a month and I'm trying to line up things to keep me busy, I'll definitely put Pickering on the list for consideration!

Pickering Museum is nothing compared to Black Creek. Its more like a storage place while Black Creek is an actual small town that looks like its actually still alive. Here are a couple from Black Creek.

Last edited:
Thank you, wonderful shots!
Hmmm perhaps I'll put Black Creek on the list instead ;)

BynxCouple of questions1. How many exposures?2.did you use that painterly preset in photo matix?3. You mentioned u use silver efex can u explain what u did?Did u layermask or something? I was thinking of getting that myself.

It was probably 7 exposures for the original HDR. Then I just took the HDR image and ran it through Nik Silver Efex and selected the Antique Plate 1 which gives the sepia and the bleached edge. Nik does this on a second layer so the original is untouched if you decide you dont like it. If you are satisfied then you flatten the image and save it. I did run it through Unsharp Mask before I saved it.

Most reactions

Back