yeeee haarrr...... archy the cowboy!...>

Ok Arch, I do like these shots and not in a brokeback mountain kinda way! I know nothing about portrait photography, but I can see that these are good and I think #3 in sepia would be nice for Mom.

BTW Arch you have that Cary Grant like "mans man" appeal but that’s all, nothing more.

wooowooo!!! I love these..being a bit of a cowboy (unbrokeback mountain kind) lover myself! :D I really love the last two and it is kind of hard to decide, but the sepia really goes well with the cowboy feel.

Alison said:
Fantastic self portraits! It's not easy to get a natural expression when you're worrying about timers and focus

I'll second that! It's a tough task.

As mentioned, I think the second view is a miss due to the setting. I like the first. The background isn't all that bad... maybe loose the bright areas?

As for the the "Brokeback" concerns, "Methinks thou doest protest too much." hehehe

Pete

1.gif
<--- Hee hee, hope Lafoto doesn't mind if I use her oh-so-funny (and, umm, apt) smilie. Loookin' goooood there Arch.

Nice shots. It's tough to do self portraits, and these are really good. I, too, would vote for the sepia one for your mum. She'll be thrilled to see you wearing the hat brought back for you from the US. And if that's what passes for a smile over in the UK, she'll be thrilled with that too. [C'mon, you must really smile sometimes?]

:lol: ...... its funny reading these..... It looks like theres a few more votes for sepia, so unless that changes i'll go with that one..... thanks for commenting guys :)

great shots, arch. i really like the stern look in #1, with the eyes in the partial shadow of the hat... very nice. but the lighting is best in the last two... great self-captures! i'll reinforce the vote for sepia just because it seems to match the theme with the hat... :thumbup:

#1 is the closest. #2, not really cowboyish. #3/4 are okay, seem kinda posed to me though.

I personally like the first one the best and I prefer the B&W in the last one. I bet I'd really like that first one in just plain old B&W too. I think you did a really good job with your posing in that third one. Especially since you couldn't see.
Great job!

#1 is by far the strongest shot, IMO, though I'm a little iffy on the background. Don't care for #2. #3 is better, I think, than #4. Sepia captures the western tone and says "cowboy" better, I think, and also lowers the impact of the light area on the background behind your head. Seems that perhaps either crouching or standing but leaning on something would add to the feel. Not too often we sit on the ground in that particular manner (or at least get caught at it), so it looks a little odd to me.

And not to be picky, but it says "gunfighter" to me more than "cowboy" lol.

Nice work, especially for being on the wrong end of the lens. That's always hard to do.

Thanks for the feedback guys..... much appreciated, as you know i dont often wonder into this gallery..... so its good to hear it.

I'll have to check that film out mommy! ;)

Great shots cowboy dude. All great except the bed one which is a bit odd.

If you give a copy to your mum, she'll probably give you a copy of Brokeback Mountain for your birthday. :D

Yee-haaa and all that.

Rob

Most reactions

Back