Yeehaw

Aoide

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photine.net
Not to perpetuate stereotypes, but I thought I would share some pictures from this morning's rodeo parade. I promise this is one of the only times you will see this many cowboy hats and horses on the streets of downtown Houston. No matter what the stereotype is. It was cold and rainy and the shots aren't great, but here is a little taste of Texas for ya'll.

16540245-S.jpg

16540240-S.jpg

16540246-S.jpg

16540247-S.jpg

very nice captures! the wet pavement really adds to the scenes. :thumbup:

I really enjoy the third one!! nice colors and you captured movement very nicely!!

mentos_007 said:
I really enjoy the third one!! nice colors and you captured movement very nicely!!

Thanks Mentos. :D

I'm kind of surprised about that one. I don't normally focus on people, but I'm really happy with that one. Pure luck I say!! ;)

JonMikal, I'm always honored when you comment on my photos.

I really like that first one, I love the contrast from the horseriders to the modern buildings.

Thanks Alison. I have a Canon S45 right now, but I think it would be so much fun to shoot this with a wide angle lens. At least I think so... I wouldn't really know! :D

But I would love to be able to capture more of the skyscrapers and then as you pointed out the contrast with the trail riders.

Thanks, Aoide, for taking me to a wet and cool Houston and to streets where my own feet have already stepped!!! There were no cowboys there then, though. Although it was around this time - 10 years ago. Or we may have left Houston by then --- must look up the old travel diaries.

By the way: are those cowboys wearing raincoats? Or where do the lovely yellow spots come from (which nicely outbalance the grey of the day!)?

LaFoto said:
By the way: are those cowboys wearing raincoats? Or where do the lovely yellow spots come from (which nicely outbalance the grey of the day!)?

Yes those are rain coats. I don't think that group was the heavy duty cowboys, some of whom were on the road up to a week riding the trail rides into town throughout all kinds of weather. I guess those yellow coats are the "city slicker" cowboys. :)

Most reactions

Back