ranmyaku

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jpgmag.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
botanical9_ranmyaku.jpg

that's the thinnest DOF I've ever seen, man...only the center is in focus, and none of the petals are. Cool color, but I would have liked to see more of the flower in sharp focus.

Thanks for the crit!

Personally, I loved the color also. I've never done flower shots before, and a really never thought I would b/c thats not really my thing. Just testing out my 105mm Nikkor micro VR i just got. This was shot handheld..

I like it, the DOF is kinda cool because it makes the pedals soft looking, which can be nice in flower shots.

maybe crop a little off the left? Only reason i say that is because its dark and dull, with all of the brightness on the right side. I dont know, just the left side draws my attention away from the flower

the comp isnt very good. but i do like the color, it seems a tad bit underexposed

sorry you don't like the composition, but I like it myself. It is supposed to be light and dark. Like the flowers are fighting off the darkness.

the comp isnt very good. but i do like the color, it seems a tad bit underexposed
Let me guess, because it doesn't follow rule of third?

It's very pleasing to my eyes, and black and yellow is a great color combination. It really pops, great job.

That's a very cool shot. Great color and comp.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back