Yellowstone Pics

mountainjunkie

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
C&C requested. As somewhat of a beginner in digital photography and post-processing, looking for a little feedback on a) shooting jpeg vs RAW, b) general post processing technique as it relates to either/both of these. (mods I'm new to the forum, if this should be moved elsewhere please move or let me know).

Also just testing uploading from flicker to TPF! I'm uploading these from Flickr @ 1600x1404 +/-, is there a more appropriate size? Or does the forum software automatically resize if you upload them too large?

First photo was taken as a JPEG fine and edited in LR:
44053095290_6563c9cbc7_z.jpg

script>

Another photo taken/uploaded as a JPEG:
30930738237_2d12287842_c.jpg

And one taken in RAW, also edited in LR (with my very limited LR skills):
45820083932_b0a6f4f105_c.jpg

Last edited:
Aaaand obviously failed my first test. I thought the embed function from flickr would show the pics in the thread...apparently I was mistaken?

Edit again (amazing what the search function/RTFM will do :) ) Figured it out, had to use the manual typing of the
bracketed img method to make it work. And just did medium size images.

Last edited:
I like the colors you captured. Pole Cat Creek is my favorite.

I was in Yellowstone in September. The colors were phenomenal, my favorite part.

I like the colors you captured. Pole Cat Creek is my favorite.

I was in Yellowstone in September. The colors were phenomenal, my favorite part.

Thanks, September (mid) for myself as well.

Very nice set of images, like Pole Cat Creek.

Aaaand obviously failed my first test. I thought the embed function from flickr would show the pics in the thread...apparently I was mistaken?

Edit again (amazing what the search function/RTFM will do :) ) Figured it out, had to use the manual typing of the
bracketed img method to make it work. And just did medium size images.
Since I don't post anything to a file-sharing site, my method of posting on here is simply to "drag 'n drop".

I think this site automatically displays a size that is small enough to fit the page, regardless of your file size, although I resize prior to posting to avoid problems.

Also, this site does not support Raw files, so what we are looking at is the JPEG of that file. If you should ever want to send someone the Raw file, you have to do it via dropbox or private e-mail.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back